Thanks

Question Would like Work techniques P/S sketch etc.

hi
    i was gonna make a thread in "local artists" section with the "who needs a personal slave/intern" but i thought that'd be stupid.
    i'm 23, live near glendale/burbank CA and studying art on my own.
    i waste ALL my time online looking at pics ppl spent months on and wonder "WHY AM I NOT GETTING THERE?" but the truth is i'm not even trying...
    i'm looked at tons of tutorial and read a bunch of books (gotta learn the muscles etc)

what i would LOVE to get my hands on: videos of actuall ppl working in Photoshop doing simple sketches and/or complete illustrations.
    i know PS pretty well, and can draw ok.... but i can't do it in PS, i mean i CAN do it, but i have NO special technique. i don't know how to get seamless textures (not to be confused with paint bucket fill texture thingy)..ok for example , you do a character, then you color him/her/it and add highlights/shadows right? WRONG, i dont know WHAT kind of brush to use or if its ok to use the "blur" tool, or set teh brush on Mult, or stuff like that

i would REALLY REALLY love to know how ppl, or what technique ppl use.
    i've heard ppl say "Sample, draw, sample draw" which i guess means hold Alt with the brush, click on a color, then paint, creating diff colors, then repeat

but i HAVE no idea HOW they can do this and NOT have the actuall brush trail showing in the final work, i mean some of these ppl have PERFECT artwork,

if anyone lives near LA or something glendale/burbank, and would like a free intern to OBSERVE you at your home studio and bring you coffee, I AM THE MAN.
    believe me, i've look ALOT for these videos online but they don't exist, the only one i could find was the KNIGHT one which everyone knows but you don't see the actuall tools hmmmmm

can anyone help, is there anyway i can pay ppl to send me footage of this stuff on a CD???? PLEASE i will pray to brush gods for you, tnx

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    There's a lot of video on the net of people drawing... There's some on the forum(do a search).

But erhm, you're not going to learn to paint/draw this way. You must work, and work a lot. No magic way If you don't do it(and do it some more, and more, and more.... :alien5: ), you will never learn

So move your fingers out from your ass and start drawing!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    is this the same thread that i post my need for a personal asian girl, no older than 16 that will shave my heals

Thanks

Red face

please, i'm not asking for a SUPER SECRET technique or a MAGIC WAY that's gonna help my drawing, i am not looking for a shortcut. i have done alot of searching but i cant find waht i'm looking for. i don't want to come off as a loser noob who says with his first post: TEACH me everything you know with one reply.

please, all i want is a direction, you point me that way and i'll walk as far as i have to. just share with me the way i would go about painting/coloring a character in photoshop So that at the end you don't see a clear boarder between colors in/on the character. how do i get that gradual tone?

tnx again, i'm willing to buy a CD of you normal character drawing session (video screen capture thingy on monitor) there is no CD teaching taht spesific thing. i've checked out CGtalk, Gnomon etc etc. please, tanx
    later

Thanks
    Learn to paint Easy enough, if you don't put your fingers out of your ass asking silly question, you will never learn to do what you want.

And gnomon analog are really worth the watch But if you're a total newb who want to draw without drawing, useless.

Thanks
    One thing you may want to try if you are interested in watching somebody in action would be to pick up OpenCanvas. You get a 30day trial, after which you can still open and view event files. They have a thread here that has quite a few nice paintings in it, and there are hundreds on the opencanvas website as well. The event files can be slowed down so you can see tool and color selection fairly well, or watched in a faster mode to see the picture completed quickly. While it is a much simpler program than photoshop, there is alot of carryover from what you do in opencanvas and what can be done in photoshop. If you can find oc 1.1, it even has network capability so you can get together with other people and draw together. All in all, it is fairly close to what you are looking for I think.
    As Lord Cardigan said to the Light Brigade, "Just canter down the valley toward Balaklava, fellows. Nothing to worry about." -W.E.B. Griffin

Thanks
    get on irc and ask for teh OC and the good 'ol irc whores will gladly link ya.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    thanks alot Rothgar, LOOK ORBAN why are you being an ARSE, telling me to take my hands out of my azz. i told you, i DO draw, and i know ps, i just cant combine both WITHOUT having obvious visible brush trails/marks.

lat

p.s. some ppl learn by reading, others by observing. AGAIN i'm not saying i want a shortcut, just directions. and OFF COURSE the ONLY thing that'll help anyone is practice, practice practice...

er

Thanks
    Uhmf, I'm not an arse but you say you've look here, on cgchannel, on gnomon and find nothing. On gnomon, their is 20 dvd about drawing? Maybe more? And I can think of 4 or 5 about painting on Photoshop Painter(Harald Beker, Feng Zhu...). So what? And here, i've found a lot of video too... Android, Hawprey and lot of other post video, script and so on of their work.
    So obviously you haven't search.

And this of course :
    i waste ALL my time online looking at pics ppl spent months on and wonder "WHY AM I NOT GETTING THERE?" but the truth is i'm not even trying...
    And you say you work???? You kidding?

I stop here. I'm going to find the girl for Davi(but i'll take her for me, come on Davi, you don't need her )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    my heals need shaving

Thanks
    I found what i was looking for, tnx anyways.
    i'm not gonna spend even 1 Extra second fighting but Orban, if you find a SINGLE FENG VIDEO for free (have in mind i just want a SINGLE technique, not a 6 hour PS tutorial i have to pay 80 bux for) tell me and i'll give you 100 bux, so don't tell me there are tons of videos out there, YES there are, but not On the technique i want.
    plz lets end this.

end

Thanks
    its painter instead of photoshop but its basically the same sort of thing. Follow the link and you'll see a pic. Right above the pic you can download a video showing the entire process of it being painted. This is what you wanted right?

http://www.anry.ru/gallery/tyrael_kn...knight_eng.htm

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex
    not a 6 hour PS tutorial i have to pay 80 bux for) tell me and i'll give you 100 bux

you could buy a dvd for 80 bucks, pocket the other 20, and end the arguement yourself?

not trying to rile anything up, just couldnt help the observation. good luck with your search.