Art: the baby merchant

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the baby merchant

hey all this is my first post!!! second attempt at using photoshop, mouse

he is the baby merchant, seller transporter, and distributor of black market babies and aftermarket baby parts. let me know what you gys think!!!

the baby merchant

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i would like to let you know what i think of it, but i just can´t see a picture here...

There is a day when all departs
    I´m coming out of age,
    all your chains and all your wards
    someday will be unmade.

Be prepared of me these days
    as all of you shall be
    when all my false and rodent faiths
    break ´way just as do we.

-Tiava-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fixed, i hope

Last edited by ninosbombox; July 8th, 2004 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very odd....very nice....very odd... :smirk:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's great, I like the way I know whats going on but its offscreen etc. Thanks for sharing it, I think that the background is too obvious peraps? Maybe fade it out a little more? Just a thought but great work anyway

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bout time you posted something bud, pretty cool concept here. im loving those purple highlights.

later
    jose

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the GE stamp is a nice touch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jose what the deal homre, word for droppin in, hopefully i can post a bit more often,

plasma, where you at in co. i am in pueblo!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nino!! word up, my man!! after seeing so many people (including me) drool over ure portfolio at the workshop, i was hoping you'd keep us posted on your new works...

like some of your other illustrations, i love the design and colors used in this piece... i especially like his head and facial expression. I have to say, though, that i'm a bit confused about his body... does he have a right arm? how's his head attached to his body? and what's that grey floating ball?

even these questions seem kinda nitpicky, though. This is great work and a great design... plus if this is your second attempt at photoshop and you only used a mouse, i'm want wait to see what you create once you get your hands on a tablet and get more experience with photoshop!

Anyways, keep poppin an lockin, you animal, you! It was good times hangin out with you at the workshop, at la quinta, at 6th street and at the rollerderby (this lucky bastard got to sit in spank alley!). It was also fun discussing everything from cadillacs, funk music, and old school fedoras ... you're a truly creative and multi-talented individual and it was my pleasure to have met you. Definitely keep in touch, bro.

-Umar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 291 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey nino! thats a pretty cool piece ya gots there. mouse, wow...my only crit would be that purely from a conceptual standpoint, its a little vague. that is to say that if this were a production drawing, you would have to show more... the need of a concept artist is to fully flesh out a character, whats his build?why is he smiling at me? if he is a baby dealer, id be tempted to actually put him selling babies in the pic somehow. production art is lots of literal communication and hand holding...and good character design always has a strong or obvious narrative. art directors and design teams want a character spelled out for them... dont get me wrong, its a cool piece, but without explaination, i would never know that he's a baby dealer, and that should be very obvious. and if this were intended for production, it would have to be. but keep them coming man, we need more conceptual artists from graffiti backgrounds. i thinkit brings a fresh aesthetic.-c36

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    umar what the deal!!, austin was kick azz yo. i dont know about you but i am glad to be back in a cooler place, even though it will be 100 degrees today, but no humidity,

these characters that i am working on are floaters and shadows as well, (just like the robots) the head and bottom portion of the bodies can never bee seen, they always reach outside the frame, if you were to view this character from atop a hill or so it would consume all the light (eclipse tyoe of dealie) and you would not be able to see him from a distance, if you were up close it would seem like he is surrounding you. they are phantom like one arm is always hid, he carrys a brief case with baby parts and an occasional whole baby but it is cloaked until he is ready to make the baby transaction, could also hold a weapon (knifes, throwing blades, flowers to lure in unsuspecting pregnant women, whats in the briefcase???? type of steez)

the round ball is his pot belly, see how the background is faded where his leggs shoud be, a shadow if you will. different parts of the exposed body for these characters mean different things. still developing the stories so this character will more than likely go through some changes, got some other good characters too, workin on one now, i will post when complete.

i wish it were buck alley though!!! haha. word, get up wiht you next posts..keep it greazy!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    word, keep the crits commin,

coro. word, yeah no doubt, this was just a run through with photoshop, as you may know i am a traditional medium type of guy so i did not want to get too crazy with the design for my first few photoshop attempts. but you just wait ninos got a big ol bag of funk, rottin waiting to be opened!!!!

thanks for all the comments guys, keep em commin!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very unique. I like your style, and the overlaying light bulb symbol thing is great.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.