Art: Digital self portrait
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Digital self portrait

Hey there! So this is my first post EVER on this site and i didnt really know where to start... so i decided to post my latest work

Name:  portrait.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  53.5 KB

This is a skewed self portrait, It was also the final assignment for my digital art course at college.

Im fairly new to digital painting so some critiques are highly appreciated, I want to get into concept and game art when im finished my schooling and i know competition is high so any help would be awesome.

EDIT: It seems some quality was lost, il try to get a sharper image up eventually...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You've not resolved the nose bridge area, and the shape of the nose is not quite consistent with the lighting. Also, you've ignored the neck (there should be at least some light hitting it, even if it's from diffusion), and treated the hair as a texture where you should have treated it as an overall form.

The chin is kind of tiny; is this due to the angle, or intentional, or an error on your part?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok i agree with the nose part, and the chin is supposed to be smaller then normal. The assignment was to skew the portrait

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.