Technology Apple Care/Employees are a bunch of creepers
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Apple Care/Employees are a bunch of creepers

You're free to take it with a grain of salt since it's a bunch of anons posting and I don't know if Apple "could be reached for comment"

http://gizmodo.com/5968284/exclusive...=recirculation

Some amusing stories from Apple employees of corruption, some pilfering through people's private data/photos (not surprising honestly with this day and age) - to sexual harassment and drug dealing.

I wonder what they call the drugs they sell iHigh? iSkye?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    But is it an Apple problem? i mean , a problem they have as a brand? because it just seems like regular workplace antics that could happen in pretty much every store

its just like Disney when they get targeted every now and then because a mascot says he was high while on his Mickey costume. The only difference between this and any other business is the others don`t have such a tight ass PR.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSart View Post
    But is it an Apple problem? i mean , a problem they have as a brand? because it just seems like regular workplace antics that could happen in pretty much every store

its just like Disney when they get targeted every now and then because a mascot says he was high while on his Mickey costume. The only difference between this and any other business is the others don`t have such a tight ass PR.
    They also have very strict policies for shippers. If a company ships for Apple damages the product or theft happens - that carrier has to pay RETAIL - not cost for the unit. For the longest time if a consumer lost an iPhone, they had to pay for the full price for the phone, vs having an insurance carrier and deductible.

So when you have employees going around busting up iPods and other property (hey it's the shipper's fault) it's pretty fucked up.

When you have a company that tells you they value your privacy and start downloading your tittie pictures on the phone, it's the complete opposite. It's worse when management encourages it.

It's one thing if you have unruly employees - it's worse when you have a culture of management (leadership) engaging in the practice.

I understand retail hell, I get that customers suck, hell yeah you feel underpaid all the time. But that's not something you overlook because of those things.

tl;dr Management acting up and ruining things- where it's hard to justify cost when it gets put on the consumer's back.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; December 21st, 2012 at 02:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh its messed up, didn´t meant different but what i mean is that the fault comes from employees misbehaving against the policies but not on the policies themselves. If i have a complaint because the geniuses went trough my photos i wouldn´t be upset at apple the company but at the employee on that store that screwed me over, i would be upset at apple if that fault was somehow endorsed, or protected by their corporation, and its hard to say from some isolated cases when their business is that big.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Typical retail hell.....everybody using each other as emotional toilets.
    However, Apple products are expensive because they're wasteful
    not because it's chic.

My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do they seriously call employees....."geniuses"? wow...did not know that.....its like Subway and their "sandwich artists", but even worse

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSart View Post
    Oh its messed up, didn´t meant different but what i mean is that the fault comes from employees misbehaving against the policies but not on the policies themselves. If i have a complaint because the geniuses went trough my photos i wouldn´t be upset at apple the company but at the employee on that store that screwed me over, i would be upset at apple if that fault was somehow endorsed, or protected by their corporation, and its hard to say from some isolated cases when their business is that big.
    I think of how you have likely underpaid Chinese employees at Foxconn working in buildings with suicide nets, slaving away on iPads they'll never own or see, having their work destroyed intentionally by overpaid "Geniuses" because of whatever fit they have, and panning the costs to the consumer and carrier for Apple.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first time i heard the term "genius" it was on south park or something and thought it was part of the joke.

I think the istore nearby is a money laundry, i enter every now and then but only to laugh at the price tags.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd be more shocked if this crap didn't happen. The only thing that surprised me was the lack of stolen credit card information. These "geniuses" probably sell a hundred times their wage an hour and you expect them to take their job seriously.

The funny thing was about employees selling drugs, as if mac stores are a chain of crack houses. People do this kind of shit everywhere. Particularly when you need a secondary source of income.

PS to the Ladies
    Don't take those awesome pictures. Your boyfriend has probably already shown them off to friends like me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    I think of how you have likely underpaid Chinese employees at Foxconn working in buildings with suicide nets, slaving away on iPads they'll never own or see, having their work destroyed intentionally by overpaid "Geniuses" because of whatever fit they have, and panning the costs to the consumer and carrier for Apple.
    Workers go on strike/threaten mass suicide to protest inhuman working conditions.

Foxconn: Calm down, we'll improve things

Foxconn got the workers to go back to work, then installs suicide nets all over on the outside of the factories. Now they can't even die if they wanted to.

yes, the world is a sad place.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.