sliders and other wishes

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Follows
    Following

sliders and other wishes

instead of click and drop down menus for brush size and opacity etc......i want them to just slide back and forth ...the click and drop downs inhibit workflow to the degree that it makes me keep working in painter 7. Also, the brush menus will disappear when i try to click a brush...drop it down...drag over to lclick a brush...boom...gone. hmmm...anything else?

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...you still have to click and move the sliders in version 7. In 8 it's still one click and slide to change the size and opacity. You can set the increase-decrease size in pixel under the General section in the Preferences palette. Then use the [ key to reduce the size and ] to increase it by the set amount. You can use the Ctrl+Shift+Alt keystroke to adjust the size but I find this one clunky because I can't tell what size the brush is by the ghost image. Finally you can right-click on the canvas and increase or decrease the brush by the set pixel amount with each click.

I created a custom palette for my favorite brush categories and use the right-click on the canvas to select the variants.

Richard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason,

It's true, what Richard says about the same click and drag on the Size slider in both Painter 7 and Painter 8. The movements are the same and take the same amount of time.

The problem with Painter 8 when we do this is that the slider covers the Size box so we can't easily tell what the size number is, if we can tell at all.

Other ways to change size are:

Click inside the Size box and use the up or down arrow keys to increase or decrease size.

Click inside the Size box and type the number.

Not that either of these methods is easier or faster, just more options.

Jinny
    sliders and other wishes

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.