Is there big mistakes to fix?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Is there big mistakes to fix?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Is there big mistakes to fix?

I'm pretty advanced on this one. I'm going to add details and wanted to have your thoughts about it? Especially on colors actually. Anything to fix?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

dpaint is online now Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,881 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    He's floating in space and the light coming from his hand is not affecting anything else in the scene. And there are no shadows even thought there is a strong light source.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your advices. Here are the final(?) version. What do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 731 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You're missing an opportunity to extend long, dramatic shadows from his legs toward the viewer. Also, if you want both handrails equally finished, for heaven's sake copy the finished one, flip it and do what you need to do to make it work. Hail digital!

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In addition to what Stoat said, I feel like you're not having enough fun with this. There is all this space on either wall to add more texture, more grunge, more elements that might tell more of the story. The sky also has a some opportunity for subtle elements. Don't go crazy, but I really think you're missing out on an opportunity.

Also, the point where his hand meets the rail feels a little weird, like there should be more shadow there.

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to D-reaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    You're missing an opportunity to extend long, dramatic shadows from his legs toward the viewer. Also, if you want both handrails equally finished, for heaven's sake copy the finished one, flip it and do what you need to do to make it work. Hail digital!
    Thanks for ideas. Actually, the right part is not an handrail but more like the top of a low wall. An horizontal surface if you get my meaning. But maybe I should turn it as a handrail indeed.
    About the legs shadows, I ask myself too but my guess was that the sky light was more diffuse than that and defenitively less powerful as it doesn't go very far in the stairs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by D-reaux View Post
    In addition to what Stoat said, I feel like you're not having enough fun with this. There is all this space on either wall to add more texture, more grunge, more elements that might tell more of the story. The sky also has a some opportunity for subtle elements. Don't go crazy, but I really think you're missing out on an opportunity.

Also, the point where his hand meets the rail feels a little weird, like there should be more shadow there.

Good luck!
    That's interesting and I'm not mad at all. What were you thinking of? I didn't want to overload it but you maybe right. A traffic light maybe in the back ground?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It really depends on what story you want to tell. At the moment, I don't know where this guy is (other than a stairwell), I don't know where he's going. I feel that it's ominous, but I have no idea why. So, I can't tell you what to put there, but you want to tell a story. You have a lot of room to tell more of a story.

Does a traffic light tell more of a story? Maybe, it tells me more about where he is. Maybe there's blood splatters and scratch marks in the wall. Maybe there's bullet holes. Maybe there's Satanic graffiti. It really all depends on what story you're trying to tell.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It really depends on what story you want to tell. At the moment, I don't know where this guy is (other than a stairwell), I don't know where he's going. I feel that it's ominous, but I have no idea why. So, I can't tell you what to put there, but you want to tell a story. You have a lot of room to tell more of a story.

Does a traffic light tell more of a story? Maybe, it tells me more about where he is. Maybe there's blood splatters and scratch marks in the wall. Maybe there's bullet holes. Maybe there's Satanic graffiti. It really all depends on what story you're trying to tell.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.