Art: I like it simple (some quick designes and web templates...)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I like it simple (some quick designes and web templates...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I like it simple (some quick designes and web templates...)

I know that most that do graphic design can see how I did it but hey... I like it simple. Any critiques and tips is welcome!

Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might want to focus on readability a bit more. You've got some interesting ideas but in a few instances I really lose the name of the entity that you're trying to brand, and that's the one thing you never (or at least only on very rare occasions) want to do.

Think about scale, if your logo is sized down to business card size is the name or tagline easily discernable? If not you may want to rethink your choice of typeface or the elements around the name, that identity needs to be able to work in all colors and applications.

And one observation on the Hospital logo, I'm not quite sure of the intent behind this one but generally speaking a hospital logo that appears blood splattered doesn't make that a place I'd want to take care of my critical medical needs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to figdigital For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, i understand about the hospital logo, our hospital was lookin for something new, i guess i was influenced a bit by some bad cases, or just by fact that i don't like em very much.

Thank you for the advices and critique! I'll work a bit on it and post some new stuff! See if i make some good changes.

Thanx again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wanted to bring your attention to a couple of points, firstly, on the website layout, I would consider using stronger tones on the backdrop, you can tend to lose soft tones when viewing work on certain devices, also think about legibility; this is very important when designing work that is going to be scaled down, and viewed on small devices such as smart phones.
    The second point is in regards to intent, it is worth sitting down with a pad to sketch out your ideas, the problem faced by allot of designers is their tendency to jump straight onto the Mac and forget about the process behind the work, you should really have a very clear idea of your intentions before jumping onto the computer.

Members who have read this thread: 1