Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 731 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    These environments look good, but I'm lousy at environments, so I won't give any advice. The woman in #4 has some serious proportion problems. Specifically, huge thighs and tiny head.

With a bit more polish, these could be impressive.

As a general observation, you often get more helpful advice if you post one image at a time. Multiple images gives us brain freeze.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with above post; the environments are excellent, but the woman in #4 needs her lower body size reduced by half. Or the upper body size increased by half.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first time though i did not notice the guy on the boat (too meny dark images in a row?) part of it is i saw it here first and not at the proper scale. He/she seems to be wearing a lot of dangly silver things. I mean you have her (i have decided that the person is a she) with a city scape pumping out oodles of light pollution, as well as near a light source of the opposite spectrum. Maybe they can catch more light? and the jackolantern glow can creep up more?

don't listen to me, i don't know what i am saying

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really love the concept for the first image btw. I find that the best things i can advise you on is the things id personally change if i was doing it.

For the first image, I would try to define the bit around the main figure a bit more, so a bit more blue bounce on the rod thing hes holding and maybe add some defined forms even if its very subtle instead of what i can only see as a faint round head going into the cloak. If you put a bit more information there and maybe a tad more behind him in the background to break up that repetition in the background youre eyes will be drawn more to him. But most of it would be tweaking so like im not too fond of the positioned figured on the far left maybe move him a bit more in the painting and blur the falling leaves cause i doubt its frozen still in the air =P

Second image, i also think its too dark, the whole image is essentially black. I would lighten up the background a touch to increas that value seperation a bit more, cause its hard to distinguish if that cross is a building in the backdrop or on the boat. You could add a bit more of a glow on the pumpkins, i meant its hitting the shore line on the right hand side but the figure is a lot closer to the light souce and that hardly has any orange to it.

Third image, not sure the chromatic abberation/ distortion thing works too well on the main 'face', again you want it to be a focal point, id ramp up the detail mayb selective textures and make it a little more crisp than the rest of the image, but by all means have the blur/ distortion thin on the rest of the image.

Fifth, opportunity to add some really strong highlights top down on the figure, im thinking bright blue near white just to really make him pop

Final, ermm dont really have much problem with this one either, the cliff face on the left hand side bothers me a tiny bit, maybe have it overlap inwards (into the mountain) and coming back out so it doesnt look like it curves really abruptly. From what i understanding if it was to do that then youd be using more of a fisheye lens and that would distort your verticals a bit and warp the right hand side too.

Have fun with it, really really like some of your designs though. Again the things i mentioned are just the things id do differently but they might look crap so be self critical too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'm in the brain freeze camp, sorry. I'll just comment on the first two.

I like them but feel they need a stronger light source, or at least generally brightening up, to show what's going on. They're very dark and much of a sameness where the colour palette is concerned. Not that that's a bad thing, just that if you're using a limited colour scheme, the light needs to be worked out really well so everything is clear and doesn't disappear into general murk.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yikes! Double post again?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought the woman was done stylistically which would explain the small head.

Yeah, I can't say much, the art skill contained in each image is of a high level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought the woman was done stylistically which would explain the small head.

Yeah, I can't say much, the art skill contained in each image is of a high level.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i thoght this one was really good, i tweaked some perspectives on the towers a bit

Name:  sadsadsfdsfsd.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  98.1 KB

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i thoght this one was really good, i tweaked some perspectives on the towers a bit

Name:  sadsadsfdsfsd.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  98.1 KB

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks really nice and both of them, I don't know if it's my screen but if you could adjust the brightness a bit on the boat one, it would be really nice. Except if you really want it that way. Then it's really on the hands of the artist. Amazing work to be honest, the brush strokes on the first one kinda remind me the Feng Zhu brush strokes. All the other ones are seem really amazing I really like the one with the city on the rocks. It seems to have an endless edge which makes really cool and the clouds are really something else. Amazing work man.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.