Work in progress: Gatekeeper
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Work in progress: Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Work in progress: Gatekeeper

I'm not sure how to procede on this, for my skill level, its pretty good, but I feel it is still missing a lot.
    Help me out here folks, what can I do to make this a good finished product?
    Name:  Underkeeper Dark.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  82.7 KB

EDIT: bumped the contrast!

Last edited by Ruckusleaf; December 16th, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think there needs to be more contrast to achieve more depth. Right now it feels very flat. Perhaps some darker shadows on the left side of the doorway could help. Also, I think some of the stalagmites in the center of the floor could be pushed contrast-wise. It becomes a little nebulous where the reddish-orange color meets the taupe color on the floor. I think a little bit more definition with texture and overlap could help you figure out how those two surfaces relate to each other.

Think about the contrast you used on the figure, and especially the hand and bring some of that to the doorway and foreground to really give it some depth. I really like the contrast in the figure and especially the hands. Those are very nicely done. I like the overall concept, but it could be refined and pushed just a little more. Great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The scene seems to be in a cave-like space, though it's represented vaguely. If the path of light only covers right eye of the door(screen right), there should be an obviously gradual change of shade. Currently lighting is very confusing. It seems there is a light source on its left. Otherwise contrasts and textures aren't enough, thus weight of everything feels very light, and some parts feel like made of paper or plastics. However I like the designs of stuffs appearances.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.