Hello everyone!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hello everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Hello everyone!

Greetings to the CA community. I guess introducing myself is the more correct way to spend my first post.

I am a last year electrical engineering student, and I've enjoyed drawing since I was a kid. Let me tell you a little about my past and why I'm joining the forums.
    I did a lot of stupid things when I was younger I regret doing, including but not limited to:
    - intoxicating myself with "how to draw manga" books and the sorts
    - drawing small so I could cover up my mistakes
    - throwing away all my older drawings to cover up my shame
    - refusing to study from life and getting stuck with symbolic drawing, doing the same things over and over again
    - stop drawing for years
    But (almost) everyone matures as they grow up. I have identified I really and genuinely enjoy drawing and looking at other people's drawings. I want to forget all my past mistakes and take up drawing again from a fresh start. After recently being inspired by some awesome advice I found on various sources (not only valuable for drawing but for many things in life), I bought a blank paper notebook and started drawing again. I decided being in touch with a serious community would be a good thing to keep pushing myself, and here am I .

So, now that I've confessed my sins.... Hello everyone! I'm really looking forward to join you guys on your journey to improvement land. I hope at least my scanner still works so I can upload something from time to time.

EDIT: I made a sketchbook thread, here it is

Last edited by Shinsight; December 15th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I am new to the site and I thought introducing myself would be the correct thing to do first.
    (I wrote this post the other day, but for some reason when I came back it was no longer here... odd)

I'm 23, and I'm a last year electrical engineering student. While it takes up most of my time and thoughts, I also enjoy videogames and drawing. I have drawn since I was a kid, but at that time I was into anime, and spent a lot of time poisoning myself with "how to draw manga" tutorials. I fell into symbolic drawing and abandoned it for 5-6 years because I wouldn't improve at all.
    I've recently decided to start fresh again, after reading some awesome advice on various places (including this site). I'm joining the community because it seems a nice place to keep in touch with people with the same interests. While I do not aim to become professional like some of you, I think we can learn and improve together, sharing our thoughts and efforts along the way.

So... Hello everyone!

P.D: I've made a sketchbook thread so I can share my hard work, be sure to come rip me apart and slap me in the face if I become lazy

Last edited by Shinsight; December 16th, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Typos and grammar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZubiForce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome Dude, you're lucky because you realize (again) your interest in drawing at 23 years old.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vyss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by vyss View Post
    You're lucky because you realize (again) your interest in drawing at 23 years old.
    That just blew my mind. Now I'm suddently seeing a lot of things (not just drawing) in a different way. Thank you a lot.

I recently joined the forum, here is my introduction post.
    Also, here is my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Shinsight,

Welcome to the forums! Good luck on your journey!

Personal Bl÷g - About my life as a game designer, wannabe artist and feminist!
    Sketchb÷÷k - I love to draw! Feedback is always welcome!
    Twitter - Join me and talk game development!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.