Sketchbook: Sketchbook of Z
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sketchbook of Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook of Z

So, an artist I look up to a great deal told me I should try out Conceptart.org and I got curious. I've been semi-lurking a little bit and finally decided to start posting in a Sketchbook.

My problem is I've forgotten how to sketch properly! I try to make it "just studies" or "just a sketch" but I end up wanting to finish it, and then I never actually do. And this forum would help me with that problem greatly, now, don't y'all think?

Short about me: I'm a 21-year-old comic student who recently started to really want to improve and evolve. There are so many great artists out there who fill my life with wonderful colours and beautiful lineworks, I should let these people inspire me to the fullest!
    I will try working as much as I can on my anatomy, perspective, colouring and understanding of form and shadow.

P-please be gentle *blush-u*
    (Yes, I'm ironic. You have my permission to slaughter D: )

The sketch, redline of sorts if you may, of my latest project/painting, simply a piece of fanart of my Asura:

Name:  bookah1.png
Views: 232
Size:  257.2 KB

And here are some other digital paintings I've done recently, to show you where I am right now:

Name:  MC2_centaur.png
Views: 188
Size:  634.7 KB

(that was the second/third time I was serious about trying to make a background, as well as painting (half) a horse)

Name:  env_01.png
Views: 197
Size:  294.8 KB

(first try at actually "just a background" and a great ice-breaker for me and environments)

... And a page of a comic about nightmares I did, inked with brush and fineliner-pen:

Name:  monster-4.png
Views: 195
Size:  315.1 KB

Finally, I felt like a fun-thing of my friend's Nidoking would be a good way to end this post. I am, however, not awfully sure why.
    Name:  smash.png
Views: 206
Size:  99.1 KB

Looking forward to working on this!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the Cave Picture! good work ! ;D nice idea and good colors! keep up the good work! But some of your work look a little flat.. maybe work a little on this ;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice what you did with the lighting in the cave!

keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you actually want to finish your stuff, I think that's a good thing. I on the other hand, struggle to do that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizu View Post
    But some of your work look a little flat.. maybe work a little on this ;D
    Thank you for your input! I struggle a bit with adding life to my pictures, yeah, I'm currently trying to work on that :')

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    If you actually want to finish your stuff, I think that's a good thing. I on the other hand, struggle to do that.
    Well, I usually want to finish, but I seldom do it, and then they lie there unfinished, collecting cyber-dust in a folder on my computer D:

I did some sketches yesterday! Had a whole night just enjoying trolls from WoW, so I thought I'd share some. None of them were really studies as I didn't use any references (damnit, what am I doing) but I brought some books home with me so hopefully the weekend will give me some time to work on that.

Started out with these ones while in school and had some fun time colouring it.

Name:  trollface.png
Views: 68
Size:  782.4 KB

Then I wanted to try to sketch a new one to make better, and it turned out like

Name:  trollagain.png
Views: 66
Size:  252.2 KB

and then I told myself I wanted to play around with hair and markings and colour so I kind of over-worked it a bit I think!
    (used a texture from cgtextures)

Name:  trolldude.png
Views: 65
Size:  538.3 KB

Members who have read this thread: 1