Going around in 'circles' here.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Going around in 'circles' here.

Sorry for the pun but I couldn't help it.
    Nyhooo I won't blabber anymore(I've habit of doing that) and get straight to the point. I am following Scott Robertson's basic perspective tutorial to get started and posted a couple of things in my sketchbook. Now nearly half way through (I am taking things slow, understanding one thing at a time, again refer to a post of mine in my sketchbook) I come across the topic of ellipses and circles and the problem they present to n00bs in general. My problem is more or less generic but I still wanted to ask around if someone could give me some pointers.
    How do you control the degree and size of an ellipse without going over it again and again?
    I would really really detest using an ellipse template since I want to draw free hand and not depend too much on rulers, ellipse/circle templates in general.
    So.... are there any pointers available to be thrown in my direction except "draw pages and pages of ellipses", since I am already doing that(drawing two lines meeting at the VP and drawing ellipses in between those lines, doing the same but with parallel lines and just filling the page with random circles.).

Last edited by Baron Flame; December 12th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
    Desperation is sometimes as powerful an inspirer as genius.
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenGwenevere View Post
    Being really passionate about something would mean coming back to it again and again and again even though half the time it's frustrating or grueling or yes, even tedious... When there's something you just can't let go of in spite of the fact that it's driving you nuts most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1