Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Simon's Sketch Corner - Oil pastel and graphite

Hey people. Little word about myself:
    Name:  Oil pastel 4-thumb.png
Views: 290
Size:  43.2 KB
    I'm 26 and I've been drawing for all my life, spent about 8 years in art academy as a kid. A decade back or so I started doing freelance work as a pixel-artist/2D animator, which made me decide back then to go to art college. It didn't quite work out, but the two years I spent there enticed me to do more sketch and anatomy work. I kept practicing and picked up Loomis, Vilppu, Hogarth, etc. Due to the low amount of free time I have, art was always something I wasn't able to spend too much time on (aka slow progress).

I feel I've come to a point where I can start showing off my work, so I decided to make one of these sketch books and get some feedback while I'm here. I dislike painting, but my girlfriend had the marvelous idea to pick up oil pastels this week. I've been on a drawing frenzy since. After showing off some of my stuff to my friends, I even started getting commissions, which is great! :)

Last edited by Gilberreke; December 11th, 2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Fix Thumbnail
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First off, excuse the poor digital versions, I'm currently without a scanner. The main thing that's off is colors, but the drawings also appear blurry and there's random white specks due to the lighting.

These are from earlier this year, just some Loomis studies in graphite.
    Name:  Collage1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  161.8 KB

These are the oil pastels I've been doing this week:
    Name:  Oil pastel 1-small.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  134.3 KBName:  Oil pastel 3-small.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  98.2 KB
    First try with the oil pastels. Loomis study from memory and a sketch from obvious reference.

Name:  Oil Pastel 2-small.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  149.8 KBName:  Oil pastel 4-small.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  105.0 KB
    Two portraits. First one was a 15 minute one from live (moving) reference, second one is a self-portrait from photo reference.

Name:  Collage2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  208.1 KB
    First commission.

Any comments/critique welcome, and again sorry for the poor quality of the digital versions. Hopefully I'll have some properly scanned soon.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1