Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18

Thread: Citrus flavoured sketchbook

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Citrus flavoured sketchbook

    It's time I got back in the groove since I need to make a portfolio and apply to schools in the next few months. Wish me luck.

    Name:  DSB September 4th (a) 2012 copy.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  430.8 KB
    Last edited by CTrance; December 10th, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    On the 8th I did a 'study' going around the head to see it from different angles, but somehow my 'study' only consisted of me drawing from imagination.
    Forgive me for taking pictures with my ipod touch's camera.

    Citrus flavoured sketchbook
    Citrus flavoured sketchbook

    Some misc stuff from a few days ago to fill in the blank space in my brand new thread.
    Citrus flavoured sketchbook
    Citrus flavoured sketchbook
    Citrus flavoured sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Went to an ice rink
    Name:  DSB December 9th (a) 2012.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  264.2 KBName:  DSB December 9th (b) 2012.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  258.5 KBName:  DSB December 9th (c) 2012.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  242.5 KB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Merida, Yucatan Mexico
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 313 Times in 304 Posts
    loviiiing the life drawings! its good to use pen too, it helps you to get a clearer line and be more neat if your linework, but also do some messy pencil stuff and GET down to constructing your figures, remeber you must get to a point where you can turn the whole figure and all of its variations in your minds eye, and to also put it in paper keep on grinding i can surely see you can get there!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm not really sure, since I haven't really done any anatomy studies myself, but I feel your head proportions are a bit off here and there. I think it's something with your face not beeing think enough?(<---> this direction in sideview) I'm not sure but try to look it up somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right.

    The rest of your stuff is absolutely awesome though! Your sketch lines look great, and I think you've got some nice motion going on in some of the ice skating stuff. Keep going!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheartGFX View Post
    loviiiing the life drawings! its good to use pen too, it helps you to get a clearer line and be more neat if your linework, but also do some messy pencil stuff and GET down to constructing your figures, remeber you must get to a point where you can turn the whole figure and all of its variations in your minds eye, and to also put it in paper keep on grinding i can surely see you can get there!
    I'll crack down on it for sure! Thanks for your input

    Quote Originally Posted by SpareChange View Post
    I'm not really sure, since I haven't really done any anatomy studies myself, but I feel your head proportions are a bit off here and there. I think it's something with your face not beeing think enough?(<---> this direction in sideview) I'm not sure but try to look it up somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right.

    The rest of your stuff is absolutely awesome though! Your sketch lines look great, and I think you've got some nice motion going on in some of the ice skating stuff. Keep going!
    Oh yeah, whenever I draw heads from imagination I always seem to have that problem. Since it was done in pen, I got lazy and just moved on . Thank you for your input and kind words!


    ---

    Did a nude life drawing session, but my crappy camera isn't really picking up any many of the pencil lines. Here's another sketchbook entry
    Citrus flavoured sketchbook Citrus flavoured sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Another one of my 'studies' from imagination to see how much I picked up from last time. I've got to keep my eye on my proportions. Maybe I should stop using pen for a little bit.
    Citrus flavoured sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Your lines are patchy,Let your hands move freely on the paper and find forms in your head and on your paper,

    But good start,
    The way you choose I mean draw on your head, is very difficult
    The first lesson on Design is check your nature and what you see in nature is your inspiration

    just keep it up.
    Not every one can become a great artist,
    but
    A great artist can come from every where.

    <<My Sketchbook>>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1890 View Post
    Your lines are patchy,Let your hands move freely on the paper and find forms in your head and on your paper,

    But good start,
    The way you choose I mean draw on your head, is very difficult
    The first lesson on Design is check your nature and what you see in nature is your inspiration

    just keep it up.
    I'll keep those things in mind tiny! I appreciate the input. I'll try and get some gloves and go into a nearby forest and draw through the cold for a little while


    Heh, I remember taking the pictures of my sketchbook, but I must have forgotten to actually post them here. Looks like two posts for today. Second one will be in a few hours.
    Name:  DSB December 12th (a) 2012.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  228.6 KBName:  DSB December 12th (b) 2012.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  249.3 KBName:  DSB December 12th (c) 2012.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  231.3 KBName:  DSB December 12th (d) 2012.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  261.1 KB
    Last edited by CTrance; December 14th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A 'design lab' for a thread in the community activity board. I'll be posting more digital stuff over the next little while.

    Name:  DSB December 13th 2012.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  335.7 KB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
    I like your sketches, man, straightness of lines makes them serious. You're drawing from imagination - this is really useful, for me it's very hard but effective way to progress. Last design is cool. Keep going, man, working on head from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ill_Buny For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Skipped a few days... Name:  DSB December 16th  2012.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  217.0 KB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  15. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ill_Buny View Post
    I like your sketches, man, straightness of lines makes them serious. You're drawing from imagination - this is really useful, for me it's very hard but effective way to progress. Last design is cool. Keep going, man, working on head from time to time.
    Thanks man, I appreciate the motivation.

    ----

    I skipped a few days again, but school's out for a little and I can put my head back on.

    Name:  DSB December 19th (a)  2012.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  224.8 KBName:  DSB December 19th (b)  2012.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  260.5 KBName:  DSB December 19th (c)  2012.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  251.4 KB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SketchBook: Where you at citrus?
    By citrusfrukt in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 27th, 2009, 11:38 AM
  3. SketchBook: Green Flavoured Ink
    By greenflavouredink in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM
  4. SketchBook: Unknown Epiphany's Sketchbook/brand new sketchbook(Updated February 27th)
    By unknown_epiphany in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: February 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook