Help with Photoshop and a tablet-related problem
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Help with Photoshop and a tablet-related problem

Sup guys! First of all, sorry if this isn't the right section to post this (My bad!)

You see, I have a waccom bamboo and suddenly half of the pen stopped working. What I mean by "half" is that the eraser part still works. I don't have any problem with using just the eraser as a pen, but for some reason, when I use photoshop or other adobe products It just auto-picks the eraser and I can't change tools no matter what.

Is there some way to stop the program from doing this?

I can't get acces to a new tablet right now, and with other products that aren't from adobe it works just fine, but I really want to keep using photoshop and is a little difficult if the only tool you can use is the eraser.

Thanks everybody in advance and sorry if the question is silly or it bothers!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's not the program that's probably causing the problem it's probably the driver for your tablet. Try removing the wacom driver and reinstalling. Better yet I would see if there's a newer driver for your tablet and install that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RTan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nonono, there isn't a problem with the drivers. In photoshop, it is supposed to only use the eraser end as an eraser. I'm asking if there is a way to stop it from doing what is supposed to do, so I can use other tools besides the eraser.

I'm sorry if this is a little confusing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm no expert on these matters, but it sounds to me that it is either a driver related problem or something in Photoshop that has gone crazy.
    Could be that your Pen settings got screwed up somehow, you check those out as well in the Wacom tablet app. If I am not mistaken, you can customize your tablet and pen to behave differently in different programs - if you say that all others are working fine besides Photoshop you should check out the tablet settings for Photoshop.

The point is, to me it sounds like a software problem and not a hardware one.

SKETCHBOOK

Everything is going to kill everybody.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliusObviousMagnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, it also sounds to me that is a software problem. I mean, the pen is half-borken and that is a hardware problem that is solved with money that I cannot afford at the moment.
    My current and probably solvable problem is that photoshop doesn't let me change tools when I work with the eraser end of the pen that works perfectly and I don't mind using.

I asked some people and they told me that there should be something in the driver of the tablet to change that, but only the intuos tablets seems to have that, so my only hope now is see if there is a way to overwrite or turn off the property of photoshop that makes the eraser end only work as an eraser no matter if you wanna change tools.

Thanks for the help so far!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try using a key remapper like this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-xp-vista/ i dont know if you will be able to see your tablet keys in there, you could try searching a diffrent one that does include tablet buttons.

I been searching for a solution for some time now to help you out but all i could find is the opposite, peoples erasers on bamboo tablets working as pens, we're trying the exact opposite..

I know for a fact that there must be a .dll or some text file on either photoshop or the tablets drivers that tells te eraser to be a eraser but i dont have a wacom i got some unkown brand. So i cant help you there but you can try to find the file your self on the pc.

Last thing you could do is changing the tip of the pen, there should be one extra when you bought it. Or buy one they shouldnt be that expansive. I seen some tutorials on google how to fix the tip of the pen to on google without inserting a new one.

gr, Taha

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Taha-023 For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Try the following.

Remove all your driver preferences.
    Uninstall the tablet.
    Unplug your tablet.

Reboot.

Install the latest driver for your tablet
    Plug in your tablet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It isn't the oposite! I want the eraser to work as a pen in photoshop, because the pen end of the hardware is broken and I can only use the eraser end to draw now. Sorry if I expresed myself wrong, it is a little confusing!

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauteclaire View Post
    It isn't the oposite! I want the eraser to work as a pen in photoshop, because the pen end of the hardware is broken and I can only use the eraser end to draw now. Sorry if I expresed myself wrong, it is a little confusing!

Buy a new pen. It's only 30 dollars on average.

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauteclaire View Post
    You see, I have a waccom bamboo and suddenly half of the pen stopped working. What I mean by "half" is that the eraser part still works. I don't have any problem with using just the eraser as a pen, but for some reason, when I use photoshop or other adobe products It just auto-picks the eraser and I can't change tools no matter what.
    Does wacom bamboo driver allow remapping of pen's eraser side?
    With intuos driver, it's entirely possible to change it from eraser to simple left mouse click (what you basically need),
    or, 2nding Arshes, get a new pen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Getting a new pen I'ts an excellent option! But sadly where I live is not really possible for some external reasons.

Sorry and thanks for all the help so far!

Last edited by Hauteclaire; December 8th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.