Sketchbook: Eckis sketchbook - please rip me asunder - Page 12
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Eckis sketchbook - please rip me asunder

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I worked almost exclusively on my still life painting.
    Tomorrow, I'll be able to finally finish it. Have the last WIP:
    Name:  2014-01-05 still life WIP 2.png
Views: 303
Size:  745.0 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's pretty good already Looking forward to seeing the final!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's a great still life! Can't wait to see the finished version, it looks like the teeth are a bit off to me at the minute, great work though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I agree with Pugsloth -- the teeth don't quite look 3D. Aside from that, though -- damn, that is NICE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, it's been a while! That still life is really fantastic, love the glass ball. A lot of your recent work is really nice, lovely colours (especially on skin) and your environment stuff is starting to look really sophisticated. (The one with the castle and the cobblestone road is great.) The biggest thing I notice at the moment (and I can't remember if I've pointed it out before?) is that you need to work on your brushwork, on painting with more solid brushes, or finding one with a softer, more natural edge. The low opacity, hard-edged brush you're using shows its edge pretty clearly, so it looks really... photoshoppy? Kind of blobby in places. The Joffrey brush from this set might be a good one to try; it's pretty similar to the basic round brush but has enough of an irregular edge to blend a little more naturally. It might also do you some good to try different brushes for the enviro stuff; some of the blobbiness is really obvious on flat planes.

It's nice seeing the progress chart; you do have a ways to go but you've come damn far already. =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow, there is so much personality and life in all those figures. Really breathtaking stuff there, keep those works comin'!

Time may heal all wounds, but what heals time?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As everyone already said that still life is killing it

Free for commissioned work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maaaaaaan, the last paiting show huge progress, i cant w8 when you will climex and produce insane art, i know you will!! i have to begin also with these still life paintings, need to work on my painting skill this year, daaaaaaaaaaamn lets work hard!! and happy new year bro!

SKETCHBOOK or MICHALMACKO.COM
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    You and only you, with your own sincere self-discipline, and effort, can make yourself an artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much for your help in my sb, much appreciated! :3 That still life looks yummy, especially the skull Looking forward to seeing more stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Nysta: Thanks

@pugsloth: Thanks, yeah you were right. The teeth were pretty strange. I tried to fix them and I think they are more ok now.

@Umbravita: Thank you I tried to take care of the teeth.

@Revidescent: Hey hey Thanks for all the lovely words I know what you mean. It's that kinda "muddy" look that just looks cheap and blobby (...wait, I just realized that I unconsciously used the same non-word as you, ehehe). That's the reason why I'm experimenting with airbrush a lot lately. I've already tried several different brushes (Thanks for the link, btw.). I think in the end it's just a matter of brush control and getting to know my tools. I love working with the hard-edge "default" brush because I can use it for everything and I have the most control with it and no excuse (because there are INSANE drawings out there that are only done with the hard-edge). If something is muddy it usually just means that I was too lazy to paint it out or simple need more practice. But nevertheless, I'll keep this in the back of my head and experiment a little more in the future

@Anebarone: Thanks a lot! This is really giving me a confidence boost. I Always fear that my figures are lifeless, stiff and without a purpose But yeah, lively figures is something I'm working on for quite some time now.

@MeteorCat: Thanks, I finished it today

@eclip-se: Hey hey, Awwww stawp! You're making me blush I'm trying to make this year be ashamed of itself when it looks down upon my eager! Let's kick it in the butt together

@Minella: Hi there, no problem, I'm trying to help where I can. Hopefully it wasn't too puzzling

---

Hey there you lovely people
    I'm in a good mood, because I finished my still life. (Which means, that I can finally wear my trusty and favorite scarf again. The one that was part of the still life for the last 3 days )
    Name:  2014-01-05 still life conceptart.png
Views: 252
Size:  802.9 KB

From now on, I will do all my still lifes with artificial lighting when it's dark. Folds in cloth are nightmarish enough without having the lighting change every 10 minutes. You can never stop painting because you always find some parts that look different... Not because you didn't get them right, but because it's slowly getting dark again already! ARRRGH HATE HATE HATE

I've also done a timed 30 minute color study again:
    Name:  2014-01-08 30 min study.png
Views: 248
Size:  522.5 KB

I always have to force myself to stop when the timer runs out because there's still so much left to do

And to finish this post off and before I go to bed, have some sketchbook pages to unwind:
    Name:  0024.png
Views: 244
Size:  118.9 KBName:  0025.png
Views: 245
Size:  111.2 KBName:  0026.png
Views: 247
Size:  128.0 KBName:  0027.png
Views: 245
Size:  91.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good house perspective studies from a couple months back.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lot of work done here man!! nice stuff you have and that life study.... you nailed it! really enjoyed!! tomorrow i will cme back a take a carefull look in your sb now i go sleep!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, the still life turned out great, fantastic work!

Pou is online now PKMN TRAINER- Captured: 12 Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eckiiiiiii you're just on a completely different level \; 0 ;/
    Very very amazing still life too, very fine detailing. What I aspire towards

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    went through your entire SB again... good progress, Johannes and Jana sure have their inspiration on your work which is great.
    this still life is sick,
    do more head studies, take a challenge go and do 50 heads and then a 100 heads, you will notice improvement after you do few hundreds and thousands of them LOL

See ya soon buddy, keep it up!

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @armando: Thanks They took forever, ehehe

@johnny24: Thanks man

@Revidescent: Thanks, I've spent enough time on it

@Pou: Awww thank you so much , but actually I'm not! Just do some more still lifes and take your time with them. You'll rock them

@Danny_K: Wow, you went through the whole thing again? I'm honored! I love Hannes and Janas stuff. I'm not actually copying them, it just happens that way, I don't know... But yay! 50 heads challenge? you got it man! I just drew 99!

---

Yesterday I spent most of the day with measuring and reading up on different proportion measurement systems, as well as trying them out. Finally, I've settled on the cranial system of Robert Beverly Hale. It seems like the only one that I can use for any pose if it gets tricky. Also, it just feels intuitive to me. I think that I will use it as much as possible in the next time and give an extra focus to proportion.

I also filled some pages in my sketchbook:
    Name:  0028.png
Views: 190
Size:  129.9 KBName:  0029.png
Views: 187
Size:  139.3 KBName:  0030.png
Views: 192
Size:  126.8 KBName:  0031.png
Views: 184
Size:  115.3 KBName:  0032.png
Views: 190
Size:  153.3 KBName:  0033.png
Views: 185
Size:  142.6 KBName:  0034.png
Views: 182
Size:  123.5 KBName:  0035.png
Views: 181
Size:  195.5 KBName:  0036.png
Views: 185
Size:  158.7 KBName:  0037.png
Views: 186
Size:  149.5 KB

Today, I wanted to draw as much heads as possible (9 per page * 11 pages = 99 heads!):
    Name:  0038.png
Views: 180
Size:  136.2 KBName:  0039.png
Views: 183
Size:  135.0 KBName:  0040.png
Size:  163.4 KBName:  0041.png
Views: 181
Size:  146.2 KBName:  0042.png
Size:  160.9 KBName:  0043.png
Size:  136.8 KBName:  0044.png
Views: 179
Size:  143.5 KBName:  0045.png
Views: 179
Size:  157.4 KBName:  0046.png
Size:  174.5 KBName:  0047.png
Views: 178
Size:  149.8 KBName:  0048.png
Size:  178.5 KB

Man, that was really tough. It took me all day to get there. I dread it already, but I guess I have to repeat that a few (hundred) times to really get to where I want :/ haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comment^^ I'm pretty amazed at your work-rate honestly I mean.. sure I'm much more comfortable on paper than on the computer.. but still.. I don't think I ever did that many studies on one day. Well.. I'm just not so much about studies so far. I have started them and it's quite different from drawing from your head.. it demands more of your arm than it does of your head.. whereas I'm used to mostly be thinking and drawing very little. Hm.. I think I might do that one as well.. draw a couple hundred of heads just to get the hang of it. I think I know very little diversity as of now. Same as with structure.. you recommended me to put some into my painting, I just don't know how to.. I've pretty much abandoned it in its current state, not much different from the last WIP. Been going back and forth for too long.

From your last post I like the head of that girl in picture number 7 (0034.png) that is stretching out her arms as if she were about to go and fly away the most.. and I do also really enjoy seeing the diversity in the head studies you did Looking forward to seeing how that applies to your next heads/characters you'll be drawing in the future..

*edit: You sure are popular in these forums xD

Last edited by Nysta; January 11th, 2014 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That life study looks amazing . And damn that's A LOT of heads in one day hah! Hard work pays off . I saw your progress pic over at deviantart. AMAZING progress!

SKETCHBUUK :
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=270242

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That takes a lot of dedication. Try doing them from more varied angles, next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice improvement!

Still life looks really good. If i would have to point something that you should focus on in first place, that would be the heads. But it looks like you are working on them already hehe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    sweet sketches! the still-life turned out really good! keep up the hard work!

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful work on the still life; great work on that many heads. one thing that i notice in your heads is that the connection to the neck can be a little off sometimes. it makes the heads look like they're floating a little or not attached to the neck properly. when you draw heads tilted upwards, it doesn't seem like you leave room for the underplane of the jaw. remembering that will help make your heads work better. keep up the great, hard work.

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Nysta: I spent almost all day on those studies (minus eating and going shopping) and believe me, they are really demanding of both hand and brain. Mostly brain. In the end I just fell into my bed. But it's a great challenge and I think it simulates a tight deadline quite well

@Umbravita: I thought that I already did quite exotic angles as well as varying them quite often. But I'll keep it in mind to push it some more

@tsabu: Thanks Yeah, still you're right. I need to work on heads heads heads!

@DefiledVisions: Thank you! I will

@purb36: Thanks, I'll take another look at necks soon. I think I should ask Bridgman about that

---

Today, I had a friend over for visit and he stayed at my place till evening. So I started drawing at 7:00 PM.
    So I took that time to study the skull shape in various angles. Because of the tight time and me wanting to go to bed, I had to cut some corners, but I think that this still was quite a nice practice to do:
    Name:  skulls.png
Views: 142
Size:  346.6 KB

Have a good night – I'm off O-O/

Pou is online now PKMN TRAINER- Captured: 12 Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hrrrnghghhhhhhh Ecki too strong.
    Okay dang it. I was going to return the favor and give you advice but you totally just did what I was going to suggest. Differen't perspectives, since I see alot of straight on frontal/bck views. When I get better and a higher skill level I'm going to critique the shit out of you. Look forward to that day * __ *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ecki, it's been a while since I've visited. Your work is improving leaps and bounds! Such an pristine still life. Surrealistic! Amazing work *applause* I love you skull study. A very good one to master. Keep it up!

Niquey 多明
    Commission Me | My Portfolio | My Sketchbook | My DeviantArt | My Tumblr | My Blog
    Critiques encouraged!

Making mistakes means making progress. So quit the PERFECTIONISM and go make some! [Read this]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow beautiful still life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man you did a great job on that still life, I think more of those will help you tremendously.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YESSSSSS 99 heads! that is what I am talking about SON! after the madness of practice settles in (give it few days) you will notice improvement! Love it when it happens.
    Hey nothing wrong with copying masters that include Jana and HAnnes copy them as much as you can and learn what you are copying, don't forget to think think think, keep it up dude!

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    goodies! moar!

SKETCHBOOK or MICHALMACKO.COM
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    You and only you, with your own sincere self-discipline, and effort, can make yourself an artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great skulls!! Awesome job drawing 99 heads, too. A few observations - a lot of them don't have enough cranium; the eyes are definitely higher than halfway down the head. You're also missing some skull on the side, remember that a head in profile just about fits in a square. Finally, your eyes are sort of sitting on the surface a lot; you're shading around them, but they don't feel integrated with the structure around them, the brow and nose and eye sockets. The skulls will help, though - next time you do a bunch of heads, try placing the brow and eye construction on those eye socket shapes, and it should help a lot.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 424