Art: MY Self Portrait

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MY Self Portrait

This is my Self Portrait that I did in November 21st November in 2013, its just a starter coz I'm still an amateur , I havent attended any art school whatsoever, Art aint appreciated in this part of the world (Africa), I dont want my talent to go to waste, I want to expound on my talent, Being just 20 yrs old, I know I have A bright future and taking this step is fundamental to achieve my goals, I want advice on how I'm gonna reach my goals, I want to get exposure and atleast participate in competitions and exhibitions
    Please help

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you wish to make art a permanent part of your life? Do you want to make it the biggest part?

I do not know your situation, or how difficult it would be compared to other places- if you want to really learn to draw and paint, it is a ton of work, but it's also incredibly rewarding. I haven't yet gotten to the point where I am making money from my skills, as I am still in school. I'm lucky that I can do what I do right now.

If this is something you really want to do, you can do it. You definitely show promise in what you have shown here. I'd love to see more work from you.
    If you just want to do art as a hobby, then we can tell you whats off and how to fix this self-portrait-- but I think you want more. There are resources available for you to study to learn how to see the structure of everything around you and realistically depict it with anything you want- pencil, paint, whatever. But it is a lot of work.

I would encourage you to draw everything around you- chairs, tables, trees, people (all the time, draw people). I used to hate hearing this as a kid, but all the reading in the world will get you nowhere without constant drawing and painting. It lets you understand what you've learned on an intuitive level. Draw, draw, draw. It is the best advice you will ever receive.

Keep exploring this website as well- everywhere you will find something that you don't know, something new you can practice. And it will never end- we are all always learning. Good luck to you Job. I'd like to see more of your work in the future here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks good though it could have been better as you can do more shading as it will make your portrait more real and more like yours

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, thanks for that, I do appreciate it, its what I need coz I'm still young and I wanna kknow how the world works, and you have told me something on that.
    I feel like an artist should earn something respectable for his talent just as others do like in Music and acting,
    I know since God gave me this talent, I'm gonna continue doing it till the end of time, i mean as long as I will be breathing.
    Well, its true, people dont take art seriously, a course in fine Art is not a productive course to do compared to otheres offered in the local institution,
    I am joining university coming january on date 2. for a course that is far away from art. but I will figure out how I'm gonna study art even if it is part time, just to improve on my skills. Coz the skills I have are self taught,.
    thanks again for that Insight,
    I will take into consideration your advice, I will draw draw and draw. or even get into painting when I get the painting supplies hopefully
    I currently i'm in need of art supplies, I wish I could get someone to provide me with some, and thats my greatest challenge - lack of art supplies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THanks very much for that comment, I will definately do that. more shading it is

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.