Art: Concept Art by a Self-taught artist.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Concept Art by a Self-taught artist.

Hi everyone. During my university years I studied Film and Animation at a local university in Malaysia. Since the subjects I studied there was too broad, I decided to narrow down my own path and become a concept artist. They did teach the very basics of drawing, color and composition there, but concentrated heavily on film production and post-production.

Anyway, I'm a recent graduate hoping to expand my skills and put myself on the same level as the guys working in big budget Hollywood films. But, I prefer cartoony style drawings, so I see myself doing a lot of concept art for animated films or TV series in the future. As of now I am employed at a local animation studio doing concept art for a popular local animation series. While I can't show some of the production art, I can show some of my personal art I've done these past few years.

I did ask my peers to do a review of my portfolio and most of them think that my anatomy drawings are very poor, and my environment drawings are pretty good. But I do need a review from a professional too to give some input to my drawings. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

My portfolio site and all my contacts infomation are in here: http://azaizat.daportfolio.com/

Name:  hutan lagi.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  262.1 KB
    Name:  jungle.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  235.0 KB
    Name:  meadow.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  375.8 KB
    Name:  merida-brave.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  388.9 KB
    Name:  rapsplayingguitar_1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  82.5 KB
    Name:  thewoods1.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  353.6 KB
    Name:  traveller.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  388.6 KB
    Name:  seacliff.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  293.2 KB
    Name:  azalil_aizat_23.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  395.9 KB

Last edited by krossfire; December 6th, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 5