Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

December 21st 2012...

So how is everyone preparing for the impending zombie apocalypse?
    I'm certain nothing will happen, but if there's a way to go... it is killing your fellow man without any of the moral repercussions!

Any plans?
    December 21st 2012...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    Given that the Mayans couldn't predict the arrival of Euro-trash on horseback who pelted them with musket balls and gave them syphilis-- I'd say their failure to predict the downfall of their own civilization doesn't make me take them too seriously in predicting the collapse of my civilization.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Given that this entire "prediction" is based entirely on the misinterpretation of a random copy of an incomplete Mayan calendar, I can't possibly take it seriously...

(I like how the later discovery of a more complete calendar with a lot more millennia on it gets basically ignored in favor of silly end-of-the-world predictions.) (Although that is totally predictable human behavior.)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenGwenevere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamber Parrk View Post
    Given that the Mayans couldn't predict the arrival of Euro-trash on horseback who pelted them with musket balls and gave them syphilis-- I'd say their failure to predict the downfall of their own civilization doesn't make me take them too seriously in predicting the collapse of my civilization.
    Very true, however it is an entertaining idea to play around with. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people killing, looting, and having end-of-the-world basement orgies that may well turn this into somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy...
    Aside from all that, what I'm more curious about are the excuses the people perpetuating this 2012 nonsense will come up with next... Sure could go for a good ole' fashion basement orgy though, or some zambambo shootin'!
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; December 4th, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks
    I do believe I was once in a situation where I was on the verge of being involved in a "basement orgy." Yet, my level of intoxication was still light enough to get an uneasy vibe re the other would be participants. I wandered off and slept in the backseat of my car until I was OK to drive. And, I do not regret this exit.

Should the end of the world be nigh, I shall do my best to watch it in all its glory.

(I'm guessing that a comet, that might've wiped out the dinosaurs is as likely as anything.)

I'll proudly perish as a fuel source to whatever superior being evolves beyond us. . .)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Dunno, Y2K and the Rapture were pretty anti-climactic... Though if anyone really wants a basement orgy, hey, go for it, why wait 'til the end of the world?

Could do without the killing and looting though, we get enough of that already on regular annual occasions like Carnival and Halloween and hurricanes...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to QueenGwenevere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Maybe the mayans just got tired of carrying all of that stone. I mean their calendar is a ziggerat, logically you have to stop somewhere. They most likely never intended it to be considered the end of the world. More like the top of the building. I know a guy who seriously thinks the world is going to end on december 21.

As far as the predicted Rapture thing went, that was very fringe nowhere near mainstream Christianity. The Bible specifically say that no man will know the day or the hour. He will come like a thief in the night.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shorinji_Knight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 944 Posts
    I can't wait for the 22nd so that so many morons can finally shut the fuck up about it.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike Tenebrae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorinji_Knight View Post
    Maybe the mayans just got tired of carrying all of that stone. I mean their calendar is a ziggerat, logically you have to stop somewhere. They most likely never intended it to be considered the end of the world.
    From what I understand, the end of that calendar was the equivalent of our calendar ending on December 31st. "Oh, is it time to get a new one already?"

I don't know why it's become so trendy in the last few years to think about how much "fun" an apocalypse would be. It's only fun when it's on tv. The majority of people living in a first-world society wouldn't make it more than a few weeks without electricity and so much simultaneous competition for resources, myself included.
    Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,458 Posts
    December 21st 2012...
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keeptime View Post
    From what I understand, the end of that calendar was the equivalent of our calendar ending on December 31st. "Oh, is it time to get a new one already?"

I don't know why it's become so trendy in the last few years to think about how much "fun" an apocalypse would be. It's only fun when it's on tv. The majority of people living in a first-world society wouldn't make it more than a few weeks without electricity and so much simultaneous competition for resources, myself included.
    Back in 20 ought 6 I, along with thousands of others experienced a 5 day power outage due to windstorms in the Puget Sound/Seattle area. I remember feeling REALLY REALLY pissed off every time I entered my domicile (which remained at about 55 degrees F in December) and, reflexively, flicked on a light switch that did absolutely nothing.

Should such an occurrence be the precursor of SOMETHING WORSE, I could totally see myself hunting down and killing any and all who I have perceived to have wronged me throughout my existence.

Thanks
    Sooo... Are we just gonna keep beating the dead horse here?
    >.>
    <.<
    Eh, nevermind... *Walks out to fantasize about orgies and zombies*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HarbingerofIllRepute View Post
    >.>
    <.<
    After TSHTF, we can do anything we want with the Dead Horse, and none will judges us. . .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarbingerofIllRepute View Post
    >.>
    <.<
    Well its your thread buddy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Well its your thread buddy.
    I dunno man, it seems like everyone is fixated on debunking this thing and that's cool...
    It's my thread, but your guy's conversation so whatevs I guess. :/
    But in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse or something like it, suspending disbelief of course, how would you go about such an event?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast