Black Ink introduces its new feature: the controllers!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Black Ink introduces its new feature: the controllers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Black Ink introduces its new feature: the controllers!

Hi, I’m Géraldine, co-founder of Bleank, an independent development studio.
    For the past two years we’ve been working on a generative art oriented painting program, Black Ink.
    The development is self-funded and we really need feedback, ideas and support from the community.

We’re still in beta but we already have a lot of very innovative features you won’t find in other digital painting solutions.
    And two weeks ago, we released a very exciting new feature that allows you to customize your brushes in any way you like.
    We need as much feedback as possible so if you’d like to give Black Ink a try, there is a free demo version waiting for you on our website.

For more details about the new version I’m also posting our latest press release just below.

Thank you.
    Géraldine.

ABOUT Black Ink

Black Ink is not an ordinary painting program on many aspects: its user interface, its performance on very big documents (10Kx10K) or its unique new brushes. But today it also can be called a generative art software thanks to the new controllers system.

Controllers are a whole new way to customize your brushes. You can assign behaviors in any parameter you want and make your brush act exactly as you like using a simple visual block-based system.

Want a simple pressure sensitive opacity? A speed driven size? Or make a completely new brush ? Creating your perfect tool is as simple as plugging a behavior block in the desired output.

But controllers also are a powerful and limitless tool thanks to a collection of simple mathematical functions. Mix values, experiment with rotations, scales and gradients and you will discover countless unique effects! These infinite possibilities are what makes Black Ink’s generative art a unique creation experience.

In the next major update a brush management tool will allow you to save, organize and share your brushes with other Black Ink users. You’ll just have to download someone’s shared creation to add a completely new tool to your collection.

Last edited by Bonnimimi; December 11th, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I’m Géraldine, co-founder of Bleank, an independent development studio.
    For the past two years we’ve been working on a generative art oriented painting program, Black Ink.

The development is totally self-funded and we’re still in beta but we need as much feedback as possible so if you’d like to give Black Ink a try, there is a free demo version waiting for you on our website.

And I keep an eye here for your comments.
    Thank you ˁᴖᴥᴖˀ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A new update is available :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool prog!.... bought a license. My only suggestion would be to increase the max brush size from 1000px and to offer a dialog for creating specific file dimensions (LxWxPPI). Other than that this is very cool. Like a stripped down Painter, a good thing; and it's fast. I've yet to lag it on a i7-3930K. Is this GPU accelerated? I noticed it mentioning DX10 in the titlebar?

-J

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Tsujni, thanks for you support!

You’re right, Black Ink’s rendering is GPU based and that’s what makes it so fast. Default image size is 4k wide but you can enter a custom size with the “New..” command of the file menu. Try to create 8k or 10k images to go into crazy details

Did you notice the brush size is constant on the screen when you zoom in and out? Use the Q key to zoom quickly. Try it, this so efficient you barely need to change the brush size at all.

Our forums contain more tips, tutorials and also additional downloadable brushes, please come and visit!

I’d also like to point out a few videos we made recently to show what you can do with Black Ink.

Here's the picture made in the latest video:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, just tried it... that is fantastic and I totally missed the new option... I clicked the top one.

-J

Members who have read this thread: 5