Ada wong resident evil 6 fan art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my! You made Ada's legs like anorexics ones! Blasphemy! ;-) More seriously, while you handled well the upper part of her body there is some serious with issue with her legs IMO. Her right thigh especially looks very short with a very angular knee, almost pointy. Her left leg is thin, almost a stick with no volume and bumps.
    Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by StefRob View Post
    Oh my! You made Ada's legs like anorexics ones! Blasphemy! ;-) More seriously, while you handled well the upper part of her body there is some serious with issue with her legs IMO. Her right thigh especially looks very short with a very angular knee, almost pointy. Her left leg is thin, almost a stick with no volume and bumps.
    Take a look at this and tell me what you think:
    thx for the input, i noticed something strange bout the lower part also, just that i can't tell what's wrong myself....will try to fix the too pointy knee there, haha

regarding the shorter right thigh, it's suppose to be some foreshortening over there, i messed up maybe....
    can somebody show me how to fix the foreshortening right thigh error?.....jz some rough sketch overlay will do...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kakatekoyi View Post
    regarding the shorter right thigh, it's suppose to be some foreshortening over there, i messed up maybe....
    can somebody show me how to fix the foreshortening right thigh error?.....jz some rough sketch overlay will do...
    You simply ran into the picture's edge, and instinctively crammed her thigh into the frame instead of extending the frame. It happens all the time to beginners, and sometimes to experienced artists.

If you take just the figure, give it enough breathing space this time, and resketch it, you'll likely be able to fix it yourself. Just track the proportions and perspective carefully.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I gave a thought about how to fix it, I even tried to pose the same way (thanks for that! ;-) ). The problem is this position is impossible to hold UNLESS her right foot is posed on a low wall which is impossible as it's on the corpse. The solution is to create a lower step for the left foot (let say around 50cm of height) to make it believable with a slight internal rotation of her left foot. By any chance, did you draw Ada on a seperate layer? It would make all the thigh fixing much easier....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I feel that there is a bit of issue with lighting, unless there is light directly on her, the moon is a back light, thus, she would be much darker.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by StefRob View Post
    Ok, I gave a thought about how to fix it, I even tried to pose the same way (thanks for that! ;-) ). The problem is this position is impossible to hold UNLESS her right foot is posed on a low wall which is impossible as it's on the corpse. The solution is to create a lower step for the left foot (let say around 50cm of height) to make it believable with a slight internal rotation of her left foot. By any chance, did you draw Ada on a seperate layer? It would make all the thigh fixing much easier....
    too bad it's all in a single layer...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx for all the input, here is what i did to fix to leg, any better?

Ada wong resident evil 6 fan art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The legs do look alot better i think other than that first mess up everything else looks great

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kakatekoyi View Post
    too bad it's all in a single layer...
    Then paint over it? Save a previous version or do it on another layer if you're scared to lose progress.
    Also there's still the overall lighting issue, if it's night then it's unlikely we'd see the street as clearly from start to finish, especially if one part is supposed to be lit with flames.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Then paint over it? Save a previous version or do it on another layer if you're scared to lose progress.
    Also there's still the overall lighting issue, if it's night then it's unlikely we'd see the street as clearly from start to finish, especially if one part is supposed to be lit with flames.
    hmmm, the lighting really off, i got ur point, the road like lit consistently from the front to the end, need to fix that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now the knee's a near tangent with the canvas. Move her over to the right and repaint the background as necessary. She fit too well into the left half of the picture anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.