Delete please ?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Delete please ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Delete please ?

Last edited by heavenwill; September 22nd, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    -Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What references are you using for the warrior?I ask this because I'm little unsure about his pose.

I can't quite see one of his feet

Formerly Ultimatum.

A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    -Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't really give you a technical advice but, as an amateur observer:

Squinting my eyes I can tell that the breastplate is what stands out most, next is the face, usually should be otherwise (unless you want to emphasize the breastplate design).

Also there's something that makes me feel uneasy about the saturation of the colour palette, can't really tell if it's that you need a little bit more variation, or that the mid tones are kinda desaturated (sorry, I'm really bad at colour at the moment, but something doesn't quite feels right about the colour scheme in overall).

The pose looks convincing, maybe the tilt of the sword should be different and the arm posing there too, but in overall doesn't looks bad. Also, where's the sword's sheath attached to (can't really tell where's the string that holds it to the armour or anything else that does so)?.

As a design thing, you are hiding both of the boots in the shadows, which isn't wise to do if it's a concept for a character. If it's just a painting to get a feel / atmosphere then it's okay I suppose, but something tells me that you lack light around the floor in those points, even for a dark atmosphere (but maybe I'm wrong, it's just a feeling). Not seeing the foot that holds the weight actually makes it look like unbalanced, it's a weird feeling.

The tasset has a problem with the volume/density with the scales/form.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimatum View Post
    What references are you using for the warrior?I ask this because I'm little unsure about his pose.
    I've been referencing a movie pose but had to make up the lower body. i also tweaked the head positionning a bit, I've actually been struggling with the pose.

As a design thing, you are hiding both of the boots in the shadows, which isn't wise to do if it's a concept for a character. If it's just a painting to get a feel / atmosphere then it's okay I suppose, but something tells me that you lack light around the floor in those points, even for a dark atmosphere (but maybe I'm wrong, it's just a feeling). Not seeing the foot that holds the weight actually makes it look like unbalanced, it's a weird feeling.
    I'll be working on this area then, I agree

Also there's something that makes me feel uneasy about the saturation of the colour palette, can't really tell if it's that you need a little bit more variation, or that the mid tones are kinda desaturated (sorry, I'm really bad at colour at the moment, but something doesn't quite feels right about the colour scheme in overall).
    Yeah I'm having trouble with that too !

Anyway thank you guys ! I'll come back with more work on this one

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    -Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA

Members who have read this thread: 1