Sketchbook: Tempoe's Art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tempoe's Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tempoe's Art

I need to get some motivation to do more art and photos.

I want to have an original style, but I don't know if this stuff is any good really. I'll do more now and see if it gets better!

Any photos posted won't be shooped unless I say they are, this bottle of water isn't.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Tempoe; December 1st, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, welcome to CA! What is your main goal for doing art? I ask because that should really help others to guide the criticisms to help you meet your goal. I'm of the position that any serious art study will help any endeavor, whether it be solely painting, drawing, photography, 3d modeling, etc., but this is your SB so it's important to figure out where you want to go. As for your drawings, one way to certainly improve is to grasp a solid, working understanding of the fundamentals, the first and foremost important of which is perspective. There are some great resources available (for free; thanks, internet!) to guide you along the way and solve the many issues that are involved with learning such a tough subject. But I assure you that it's worth it to learn. And don't worry much about style when you're just getting your feet wet. In fact, to swim with that analogy, it's much like trying to compete against Michael Phelps when you've only just started to move to the deep end of the pool. Style comes with comfort and time. Hope some of this helps you; keep up the good work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFrenik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^thanks for the advice, I actually did go to art school years ago and study fine art and photography for 4 years, so I have a full grasp of that stuff. I guess it's hard to see that from these pieces though lol. I make my living doing graphics but now I have some time I want to do more art and get some time off the computer.

This is the last one I'm doing tonight. EDIT ok I did two more. Thats 5 today...At least I feel like I did something! Cheers

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Tempoe; December 2nd, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.