Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I repent and mend my ways. But I have another question about global salaries...

Thanks

I repent and mend my ways. But I have another question about global salaries...

Ok, i assume i'm just an idiot in this aspect, so I'm innocent. Please don't be so stimulated and help me out upon this thing.

I tell you responsiblly that most artists doing artistic jobs here never paid over $4 per hour, even they're medium-level artists. Even I myself can't make close to $20k per month doing this small business, which is changing hands outsourced art jobs. If there's a way I can make more than that figure, I'd like to do it benevolantly and kill my evil... But in the realistic situation, it seems the project is just not available to apply globally and I can't blame anything actually.

But there's one point that I'm confused on. What if a person from some country that has a higher salary standard applys an american freelance job, which rewards $10 per hour? For example, the legal minimum salary is $15 per hour in his country. Will the American employer have to treat him specially by raising his salary to $15 per hour, which will overflow the employer's buget? And why do you think American average salary standard is so rational? Many people must think it should be higher to better their life.

Eh... the only bad luck is that the only resources that I can reach are that poor. I can't support higher payment to high-demanding artists. But do you mean people living in a place that has even lower standard of average wage than $4 per hour, for instance $460 per month, don't think my given figure appealing? And I admit the highest paid jobs I can supply is around $10 per hour, but this kind is very rare and very high demanding.

If the thing is really wrong I'm sure I'm just innocent, boohoo... If any kind person would like to hand me an outsourcing job that worth $12 per hour, I'd gladly to pay the artists here $10 per hour and they must be insanely happy, too.

In the end i'd say if the business isn't rational, then I learmed my leason and won't do it this way. But since this is a forum, please condescend to teach me more.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi, everybody, I need to declare one thing. I'm just a normal civilian and struggling to be a decent merchant and artist. Please don't use any political eye sight to gaze at me... I'm a moron of politics and merely going to do my own things better and praise God. If I have more power, I won't be mean to help others who need aid. That's the true me. Please don't let any your bad mood to mist me. Thank you.

Thanks
    But do you mean people living in a place that has even lower standard of average wage than $4 per hour, for instance $460 per month, don't think my given figure appealing?
    Yeah... but do those people have internet access? Photoshop and graphics tablet? Hm?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maidith View Post
    Yeah... but do those people have internet access? Photoshop and graphics tablet? Hm?
    You could be surprised...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nofu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi, maidith. I'm sure I had internet connection when I made that little money per month...and other people do, too. And my mom bought a graphics tablet for me...

Btw, I typed wrong in the first post. I meant I can't make close to 20k yuan per month...which is $3.17k. Making over $1.5k per month is possible though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maidith View Post
    Free wifi at a local place, pirated copy of photoshop and a factory price graphics tablet?
    I don't see why they wouldn't have these things.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by untier View Post
    I tell you responsiblly that most artists doing artistic jobs here never paid over $4 per hour, even they're medium-level artists. Even I myself can't make close to $20k per month doing this small business, which is changing hands outsourced art jobs. If there's a way I can make more than that figure, I'd like to do it benevolantly and kill my evil... But in the realistic situation, it seems the project is just not available to apply globally and I can't blame anything actually.
    I assume you mean 20k Yuan. Where abouts in China do you live, untier?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what income level the entry level artists are at Brilliant Colours? I can't seem to find any website or PR for them on Google so I must be bad at interneting.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Hyskoa: Er, I don't use free things of them though. Their prices are just lower here. You can consider it as a kind of social welfare... Many people aren't easy.

Insecure people gotta find ways to improve themselves. Some of them will succeed, lots of people will still get drift though. Ignorance, ability level, outlook, traditions etc. are all interferring factors. And I don't think Chinese employees can disturb American salary standard adequately via internet, so you can rest your heart... Most of us don't even think about other countries... Only if the guys like me who're fond of other cutures would do it and I think the percentage is rare compared to the whole nation. Except for some people who were born to have the advantage of connecting and coorperating with foreigners.

Beeston: I live in Shijiazhuang, Hebei province.

Thanks
    Did this thread got chopped or something? it feels like the conversation started way before the first post.

On the topic, numbers without context are meaningless. US$10 per hour, working 8hs a day for a month equals about AR$7741. Which is way above the legal minimum wage (AR$2.300) and the real minimum wage (about >AR$4000) in here. US$4/hr is a little tight, but not too much.

Just because the numbers seem low on US$, doesn't mean it's cheap.
    Last edited by Januz; November 30th, 2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Why do I keep misspelling minimum?
    "Great job guys! I love you. You're fired."

Sketchbook! Me vs Anatomy (and other things)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Januz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Januz View Post
    Did this thread got chopped or something? it feels like the conversation started way before the first post.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...hiring-artists

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    4$ an hour? You won't be getting anything for the price, other than some of the most amateur and mediocre work. You should probably times that number by ten and that's towards the lower end of things. It's a highly skilled profession that not many people have the actual skills to do it with even the most basic proficiency. I'm not sure what you're expecting with your pricing. You're not going to get anything but high schoolers and below giving you work with that kind of price and it's not going to look good for your business.
    BLAHBLAHBLAH

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadlyhazard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Januz View Post
    Just because the numbers seem low on US$, doesn't mean it's cheap.
    Yeah, agreed. If a place has lower salary standard, there relatively has a lower commodity prices standard. Prices of some stuffs are thoroughly in chaos though... which is where the real problem is. In general, the living cost is obviously less here.

Deadlyhazard: Thank you for your opinions.

Thanks
    I don't think Chinese employees can disturb American salary standard adequately via internet, so you can rest your heart...
    Not only can it, it already has. This is why the industry pays the same today as it did 10-20 years ago. It's not just Chinese... it's everyone. The internet has opened the industry to talent from far across the globe. Since most of the entertainment jobs historically have been in the United States, it has flooded the market place with labor and some it is very cheap. The problem is the industry rewards outsourcing.

In the USA, the federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr. Each state may have additional laws which may raise it in that state. It is not good for the American economy for jobs to be outsourced to countries that provide cheaper labor. However, in the spirit of free market capitalism we can't really blame workers for taking advantage of a good deal. It's not their fault that our stupid government (I love my country... really I do) put us into this position. It's not like we would do any different.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Shorinji_Knight For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast