Thinking about going back and doing all the spartan camp things
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thinking about going back and doing all the spartan camp things

Im thinking about going back and doing all the spartan camp things, does anyone want to join or make sketch group and do them all (for those of us who weren't around, or didn't do the first ones)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And what might this spartan camp be? I've never heard of it...

Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 636 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, the Spartan Camp can be found under the community activities. If you're reading this, feel free to join!

Anthonycarey most likely created this thread by accident. The text in his post above is also in his SB.

Join the SPARTAN CAMP under Community Activities
    50 Gestures and an Optional Study every week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No the text is different in my sb.. In my sketchbook I posted that I tried to get a group together to do the old stuff but nobody seemed interested. I posted in here to see if anyone wanted to join in on doing the old spartan camp stuff before I posted in my sketchbook..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    organising sketch groups and discussing it and inevitably arguing about it and blah blah is really a waste of time you could be using to just get on and do the work on your own.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah well I'm doing it anyway, I just figured if I could get other people involved why not.. My day job is a tattoo artist so normally I have time to do the weekly spartan thing in one day, so I never expected other people with jobs where they don't get to sit around and draw all day to keep up. I just figured it would make for a fun thread..

But since nobody seems interested I'll probably just post them in my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    organising sketch groups and discussing it and inevitably arguing about it and blah blah is really a waste of time you could be using to just get on and do the work on your own.
    Most have been helpful for me. Being able to discuss and collaborate with people even if eventually the group falls apart is invaluable. Especially getting critique that is catered to you personally. Getting critique some someone who you can discuss what your intentions are with something and you also know where they are coming from is AWESOMELY helpful, especially when they actually listen to what you have to say! Also having others work with you and share helpful things which you may not have found on your own, or not without many hours of browsing, is great. I personally love the feeling of comradery, that we are all in this together thing that comes from people who actually want to learn and want to share in learning (that sometimes is missing from the forum =/). Even if it fails it worth it for what you get for that short time. Also its not like you can't leave if you have an issue with someone, or that they cant be kicked out. I doubt the person who can't have a civil discussion inputs much to the group anyhow.

That being said Anthony I have no clue what you mean by doing all the spartan camps over. I know spartan camps I've done a handful but isn't that just doing 50 gestures? In which case why not just the one that's currently going on but do more.

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingal View Post
    Most have been helpful for me. Being able to discuss and collaborate with people even if eventually the group falls apart is invaluable. Especially getting critique that is catered to you personally. Getting critique some someone who you can discuss what your intentions are with something and you also know where they are coming from is AWESOMELY helpful, especially when they actually listen to what you have to say! Also having others work with you and share helpful things which you may not have found on your own, or not without many hours of browsing, is great. I personally love the feeling of comradery, that we are all in this together thing that comes from people who actually want to learn and want to share in learning (that sometimes is missing from the forum =/). Even if it fails it worth it for what you get for that short time. Also its not like you can't leave if you have an issue with someone, or that they cant be kicked out. I doubt the person who can't have a civil discussion inputs much to the group anyhow.
    yeah true. tell you what i find good is google hangout or black board elluminate, where you can all chat and share screens. i learn loads about photoshop casually working with my friends in that way. so yeah i agree with you.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    yeah true. tell you what i find good is google hangout or black board elluminate, where you can all chat and share screens. i learn loads about photoshop casually working with my friends in that way. so yeah i agree with you.
    i must know more about these things , off to google i go

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.