Art: Jaberslythe WIP
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Jaberslythe WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jaberslythe WIP

This is a project that I started a long, long time ago before GW even released their own Jabberslythe model for the Beastmen army of Warhammer. This is of course a large scale sculpt using Super Sculpey Firm polymer clay. The reason I decided to do a Jabberslythe was simply because he sounded like quite a challenge to make and also a pretty gruesome beast (at the time I was up for the challenge). Suffice it to say that I got busy with other projects and he got shelved. I am currently working on a commission of the Emperor and will be finishing that around February, after which I will be resuming work on the Jabberslythe with the intention of finally finishing it - can't wait. So I thought I would get this up on here again (I think I posted a pic and link a long time ago, maybe last year but it got buried and I can't find it in my user CP). As work resumes and progresses I will be adding many more pics. There are also a number of YouTube videos that show the sculpting process if anyone is interested is those tutorials. You can find the first one (Introduction) here:

http://youtu.be/ZnoK8achekU

Last edited by JI7; November 27th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, great progress so far. I dig your detailing. I suppose you bind the armature with some thinner wire to make the clay attach? Will you put it on some kind of base later. Is it air or earth bound?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AimBiZ View Post
    Wow, great progress so far. I dig your detailing. I suppose you bind the armature with some thinner wire to make the clay attach? Will you put it on some kind of base later. Is it air or earth bound?
    Yeah, I wrap the larger wire of the armature with thinner gauge wire before I apply the clay to it. Once he is finished he will have a large number of spines and bristles on his head and around his abdomen. Also, he will have wings and a long sticky, saliva dripping tongue which I intend to sculpt extended like a chameleon's when it is catching prey. The Jabberslythe is a poor flyer but it can still get airborne so I will mount him on a base with one claw (the forward pointed one which isn't sculpted yet in these photos) to the ground - sort of a frantic, scamper toward its intended prey, half flying, half running. I will probably also give him some battle damage and perhaps the odd spear or arrow sticking out of his body.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds cool. I can really image having the awkward style of movement will enhance the horror of the creature.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.