Moleskine notebooks, did they change their paper?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Moleskine notebooks, did they change their paper?

So I haven't bought a moleskine notebook in a long while and I can't seem to find the ones with the thick plain almost Manila paper, all of the new ones have the super thin paper. I was hoping to find the thicker paper so I could do some open air painting with gouache of some landscapes and buildings.. Does anyone know is the old style gone for good?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Moleskine makes a variety of types of notebooks. The one you are looking for should be labelled Sketchbook and not Notebook or something else. There are also some that are made with watercolour paper in them, which may be more ideal for the painting you want to do--again, this should be clearly labelled on it. I'd check out an art store as typically they carry multiple different kinds of Moleskines unlike a regular bookstore which may only have the notebook paper which is pretty poor for drawing on. So yeah, sounds like you just bought the wrong line of Moleskine.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Our local art stores don't carry them just the Barnes and noble I went to, but I went to their online store and found what your talking about.. Thanks for your help I didn't realize there were multiple versions of blank paper books.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't find a large moleskine sketchbook hardcover...hard to come by here in the capital of California.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonycarey View Post
    So I haven't bought a moleskine notebook in a long while and I can't seem to find the ones with the thick plain almost Manila paper, all of the new ones have the super thin paper. I was hoping to find the thicker paper so I could do some open air painting with gouache of some landscapes and buildings.. Does anyone know is the old style gone for good?
    I know exactly what you're talking about because I use this particular moleskine all the time. The one you want is the large sketchbook with a BLUE label wrapped around it. That's the one with the thicker paper surface. The rest of the product line has thinner surfaces for note taking. There is also a 'watercolor' moleskine but it has a, I believe, pink label wrap and has a bit of a thicker surface with cold press texture.

It should say 'Moleskine Sketchbook' on the label with the blue color, not 'Moleskine Notebook'.

This is the one you should be looking for: http://img1.imagesbn.com/images/101810000/101812137.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow thanks I'll keep an eye out or probably order one online.

Members who have read this thread: 1