Sheridan Animation Portfolio Departement for Teen ?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sheridan Animation Portfolio Departement for Teen ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Sheridan Animation Portfolio Departement for Teen ?

Hello,

I'm currently finding a summer program for summer 2013. (I am currently 16 years old, grade 11)
    Which summer program would you recommend for a high school student? I want to learn animation in the future so it would be nice to have a course on that. But I really want to improve my drawing skills so I think a portfolio workshop would be nice.

I looked to Sheridan's summer course and I find it good but I don't know how it really is? Did anyone attend this course? Should I go for it?

(Also, if you happen to have been there or attending Sheridan, how's the living style in oakville? What is there to do? Also, can you rent a dorm ?)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are looking for a workshop I suggest going to the Animation Portfolio Workshop. Looking at the portfolios they create are pretty impeccable. If you really want to learn I suggest you take the time for yourself and open up a sketchbook gather as much information for yourself while achieving some pencil mileage. the competition is really tough, and you would need all the practice you could get! I suggest you try to do more than one drawing a day, along with some gestures also try to attend a life drawing class near by!

Last edited by kamikazel33t; November 26th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
    CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazel33t View Post
    If you are looking for a workshop I suggest going to the Animation Portfolio Workshop. Looking at the portfolios they create are pretty impeccable. If you really want to learn I suggest you take the time for yourself and open up a sketchbook gather as much information for yourself while achieving some pencil mileage. the competition is really tough, and you would need all the practice you could get! I suggest you try to do more than one drawing a day, along with some gestures also try to attend a life drawing class near by!
    Yea, I checked the Animation Portfolio Workshop but apparently it's on a long period of time.. which is a problem to me because I'm an international student. And since Sheridan's during summer and it's takes almost the whole day, I can manage to come.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright but don't wait out till the summer to work out on your drawing skills you need as much practice as you can get! ConceptArt is plethora of information as well as people there to give you advice on drawing and such, you can even open up a sketch journal to monitor your progress and have other people check your stuff out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazel33t View Post
    Alright but don't wait out till the summer to work out on your drawing skills you need as much practice as you can get! ConceptArt is plethora of information as well as people there to give you advice on drawing and such, you can even open up a sketch journal to monitor your progress and have other people check your stuff out.
    I will for sure! Thank you so much!
    Do you happen to know any other summer program on animation? Or illustration?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry I am not too knowledgeable myself of good summer programs. I am an international student too and I am trying to contact the Animation Portfolio Workshops to see if I could join in around late June, hopefully I get a reply back. I've seen some photos and some videos about international students so I really am wondering how they do it.

and don't forget practice! I can't stress enough how important that is!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've heard good things about Ringling's Pre college also. I'm not sure how great a program it is or how much you learn, but I've actually never read a bad review on the Pre college program.

Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by themegagod View Post
    I've heard good things about Ringling's Pre college also. I'm not sure how great a program it is or how much you learn, but I've actually never read a bad review on the Pre college program.
    I went to Ringling pre-college, and was pretty underwhelmed. My computer animation teacher was good, but the other four really weren't.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.