a concept art podcast from an amateurs perspective
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a concept art podcast from an amateurs perspective

Hey, I'm quite new to concept art, well I've only really decided to follow it as my career since the last couple of years since discovering it at college and I'm now doing animation at university to earn more about visual effects and entertainment design and so on and i'm trying to learn as much as i possibly can and get involved in the artist community as from the amount I've have learned so far I've realised how much actually goes into it. Whilst I've been finding resources such as digital painting tutorials, books and podcast's, I found one called Chris Oatleys podcast and whilst listening to him, found an episode that was about artist's starting their own podcasts. heres a link to his podcast http://chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/

He gives a lot of inspiration advice about becoming a concept artist or an illustrator and has built up quite a community as well as for paper wings, his other podcast project. I know most of you have probably heard about him already but it is really useful, especially since he's a professional who works in disney, and his advice appeals to whatever kind of genre/ platform you're looking to go into.

But what makes me mention this is that, I'm planning to start my own podcast/blog, just about my journey as a concept artist and that will let listeners follow me through my struggles as a student trying to learn about the industry and connect with and (hopefully) make a community that is going through the same things that I am as well as show what my process is as of yet, and maybe get advice and/or learn some tips from listeners. This sounds quite ambitious, but I think its a good idea as I havent seen anything as of yet, but I just wanted to get some opinions of it or maybe even some advice from people who are making podcasts already? pleases comment and let me know.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to neeva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I LOVE that podcast! That and paperwings has inspired me so much! As for asking people who make podcasts why dont you just toss them an email? Or some of the other podcasts that are on Itunes. There's quite a few.

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah they're brilliant aren't they, yeah that's an idea actually, I'll definitely do that. But just for a bit of feedback from someone in this community do you think it would be interesting to have a podcast/blog based around what I mentioned?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well personally I listen to art podcasts because they usually share information with me. If he doesnt have useful experiences and tips, articles or reviews, etc I probably won't listen. What you describe kinda sounds like what I do with my sketchbook and my Skype support group. But thats just me.

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Members who have read this thread: 2