Need Help in Coloring
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Need Help in Coloring

I made these punk design clothes about three weeks ago. I understand that the model's pose is stiff. I was wondering, what types of punky colors should I use to make these clothes complete.
    P.S. I will color in the sketch.
    Name:  Punk Fashion Designs.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  220.3 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uh, green? Dangit! I don't have my punky colorwheel handy.

I guess I don't understand the question. Couldn't you just select some colors that you like, and then match them in what you think are the best pairings?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to David_a_ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, it's a bit of a weird request. You could just google "punk" and see what comes up, though I can tell you it'll be 80% black with touches of white and red. The designs are a bit boring/cliche though. Reminds me a lot of Avril Lavigne at the height of her fame, or anything you could find at a Hot Topic nowadays. I guess I always find it funny when people design stuff like this because if you go to any punk show everyone's hanging out in t-shirt and jeans. Ties are a fast way to strangle yourself in a pit and heels are asking for a snapped ankle.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by keeptime View Post
    The designs are a bit boring/cliche though. Reminds me a lot of Avril Lavigne at the height of her fame, or anything you could find at a Hot Topic nowadays.
    I have to agree, overall these remind me more of a clothes designed for Bratz dolls or something, I know that at least my friend who wore punk clothes would have died before putting on a miniskirt with cutesy bow on it. Maybe it's the times that have changed.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,667 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    OK, you've now scanned it. It's in digital form. Throw some colors on there and see what looks good. Then, open up the scan in a new file and do it again. And again. Play around with adjusting the color balance and hue/saturation. Lay some patterns and textures over it. You have nothing to be afraid of, you can't hurt your drawing, so go nuts. Once you have a version you like, if you want to go back and add color to the actual drawing, you'll know what to do.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    I have to agree, overall these remind me more of a clothes designed for Bratz dolls or something, I know that at least my friend who wore punk clothes would have died before putting on a miniskirt with cutesy bow on it. Maybe it's the times that have changed.
    So, you're saying that I should make them a little bit more hardcore or something?

When people get me mad, I just love to cut....
    another piece of brownie for me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by keeptime View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit of a weird request. You could just google "punk" and see what comes up, though I can tell you it'll be 80% black with touches of white and red. The designs are a bit boring/cliche though. Reminds me a lot of Avril Lavigne at the height of her fame, or anything you could find at a Hot Topic nowadays. I guess I always find it funny when people design stuff like this because if you go to any punk show everyone's hanging out in t-shirt and jeans. Ties are a fast way to strangle yourself in a pit and heels are asking for a snapped ankle.
    I'm guessing that I should go a little hardcore on my designs? I mean, I'm trying to put a little bit of rebellious in the feminine. Maybe it would be best if I could edit my designs. Would that work?

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think the question stands what are these designs for? Are they supposed to be hardcore punk clothes, or just the average Hot Topic type of clothes? Are they for a character, are they supposed to be original/different from the usual mass, are they just practice on drawing clothes...?
    Whether you should change them depends on that, since something being generic Hot Topic designs isn't a bad thing if that's what you're going for.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    I think the question stands what are these designs for? Are they supposed to be hardcore punk clothes, or just the average Hot Topic type of clothes? Are they for a character, are they supposed to be original/different from the usual mass, are they just practice on drawing clothes...?
    Whether you should change them depends on that, since something being generic Hot Topic designs isn't a bad thing if that's what you're going for.
    Maybe you're getting somewhere here. I should change my designs.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.