Mecha and Pilots
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Mecha and Pilots

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mecha and Pilots

Hello all! I'm posting the start of a piece where I want the mech and pilots to be important to it and the pilots need to have some anime/manga injected into 'em. I'm drawing from a lot of references such as Metal Slug, Dominion Tank Police, and Robotech. I plan on painting it up rather than making it into a cel-shaded/anime color style (if that makes any sense...). I'm grateful for any crits/suggestions! Thanks!

Name:  old_mecha_wip_1_web.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  119.0 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've successfully made the figures stiffer than the mech. Of the visible main body masses (head and chest on one, and head, chest, and pelvis on the other), they are all perfectly squared off facing the viewer. The seated figure has no curvature to his spine, and his seat doesn't follow the contour of the mech. Composition is pretty boring at the moment.

Experiment and get a solid thumbnail. Then get some solid gestures for the figures. Then find (or make) some useful references for the figures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexokinase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In addition to the above comments, the facial expressions seem kinda forced to me, especially on the male figure. The male figure also looks like he's about to slide off the mech and fall to his doom as well, thanks to the curve of the hull only the tip of his left buttcheek would actually be in contact with the surface. There's also a pretty bad foreshortening failure with his foot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.