10 year old artist
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow 10 year old artist

my daughter is a very talented girl. she is currently selling her first painting on ebay and is getting bids!!! she is only 10 and is entering grade 6 this fall. she paints abstract, draws animals, animations and scenic pictures. if you would like to view her work visit
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I really like this! It has good balance and colors, confident brush strokes.
    I remember reading a story about an art show that awarded its grand prize to a girl who was 4-5 yrs old. Except the judges thought the painting was by an adult and were pretty embarassed when they found out her real age.

cool!
    emily

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since she's 10, good for her.

Hopefully when she's 20 she'll be learning to REALLY paint.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really paint? this looks like real paint to me.

I'll be honest, I was expecting stick figures or whatever, maybe a 5 dollar bid, but I was wrong and apoligize for that. This is some great work, and I would not mind hanging these works in my apartment. It's good to know that you support your daugther's interest and activities, keep at it and best of luck for her.

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the kind words. as with anything, art..music...personal looks... or whatever...there is always going to be people who either like it or don't like it. i don't mind the comments as we all have our individual opinions.

sarah hasn't taken any lessons of any kind yet. we are putting her in lessons through simon fraser university this summer. with the money she gets from the sale of her painting, she is buying some canvas and proper paints.

she did this painting at school during "art" which took her about 10 minutes to paint.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think it good to start early but i dont see why your selling the painting on ebay. my mom saved all the "art" i did as a child and would never dare to sell what i did. to me its seems like any kid can paint abstract paintings. im not trying to be an ass about this but let a kid be a kid, ya let her paint if she wants to and buy her art supplies when she wants them but why sell it? you should save and charish these things. i dunno i guess i dont like the idea of a child artist selling their art. its not like she made the painting to sell it right?

-=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    Since she's 10, good for her.

Hopefully when she's 20 she'll be learning to REALLY paint.
    Hahahhahahahahahahahahah.

I'm sorry..That was very funny.

-Joshua

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To be honoust, who ever thought stuff like that was art needs shot, no offence to you are your daughter, it really gets me angry when people go for abstract art which is basically stuff i used to do when i started drawing, draw everything in the wrong perspective e.t.c if i give my daughter some watercolours she could do that exact thing, neither does it make her artistic or spastic, shes a kid. you actually think picassos's soul is in her or something ? she wont have a clue about art or what she is doing, its just idiots like you who think shit like this is art.

once again no beef, it just angers me with this stupidity, hmm lets take a picture of a bin, lets call it street art, 9999999 dollars... there is no need for it.

she isnt talented she is drawing crap that idiots like you have decided to call art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How do we know that it's not your art and you're exploiting your daughter in the title to make cash on the side? Haha just kidding. I don't remember wanting to sell my stuff when I was 10, and I still don't. But that's pretty cool that she's making money and she's putting it to a good cause. Good for her.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by davidp
    To be honoust, who ever thought stuff like that was art needs shot, no offence to you are your daughter, it really gets me angry when people go for abstract art which is basically stuff i used to do when i started drawing, draw everything in the wrong perspective e.t.c if i give my daughter some watercolours she could do that exact thing, neither does it make her artistic or spastic, shes a kid. you actually think picassos's soul is in her or something ? she wont have a clue about art or what she is doing, its just idiots like you who think shit like this is art.

once again no beef, it just angers me with this stupidity, hmm lets take a picture of a bin, lets call it street art, 9999999 dollars... there is no need for it.

she isnt talented she is drawing crap that idiots like you have decided to call art.

someone buy the guy a drink ^-^ :beer:

sorry, but its all true. i hate this type of "art" 'cos it seems to me like you just chuck together some junky thing, think of some deep emotional explination for it and get a load of cash. and then theres people on here, the real artists, who spend hours and hours working so hard, barely able to get pennies. wtf man

anyway, i'm sure your daughter is very smart and clever etc. but be carefull, if you keep telling her she's talented and special or whatever, she could become big headed or something. not trying to tell you how to be a father or anything, just speaking my mind ^-^

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by davidp

Well put my man., I just didn't say that because I'm not sure if that would get me in trouble for not always giving positive comments.
    I think abstract stuff is crap too. My art teacher is ilke that and it drives me insane. I'll draw a perfect head and she doesn't appreciate it, then I draw some lopsided line and she thinks it's beautiful. I went to her house to pick up some supplies one time and she had a 6'x6' poster of JUST grey paint on her wall. She said it was her favorite painting of all time... I just dont find that stuff appealing at all. ANd sure it may express "feeling" to the artist, but to many others it's nothing more than paint, except the true abstractionists who i guess can appreciate it. So it's good for them.

I bet if your daughter simply took paint and applied it with a ball of shaved pubes taped to a stick you would also say it's beautiful and she's so skilled. But that's of course your own daughters work and parents arel ike that. However, I dont see how you can say "maybe youre mad because you aren't as talented..." that makes no sense to me. Firstly that didn't involve any skill at all... Set up some apples and fruit on a folded cloth and have her paint that, then come back and say it. It's good and all that you are supporting your daughter, but comign online and telling people they are probably mad because they dont have as much skill as her (when obviously they have more)... and also saying that painting involved much skill, i think that's bull.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's good for abstract art. Well anything is, but she has some talent for more traditional art. Personally I hope she pursues that, because I have no love for abstractism as art. It can look nice but i feel it demeans other art forms.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

Great paintings!

Looks like your daughter's work has threatened a few insecure artists. Very funny, and a time honored tradition.

Best of luck to her. Keep up the great work.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.