Art: tylerfontes wants a JOB
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: am i at industry level?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • not quite yet. keep working at it.

7 100.00%
  • yea. but there is no market for what you do

0 0%
  • How can I contact you? I want you to work for me.

0 0%

Thread: tylerfontes wants a JOB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tylerfontes wants a JOB

Name:  pteradactylscales.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  144.9 KBName:  eggtheif.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  276.3 KB
    these are a couple of dinosaurs I have painted digitally.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE HIRE ME!
    thankyou.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Perhaps you should consider fleshing out your designs a bit more. Do a lot of studies of everything (birds, lizards, animals, environments, etc.) and don't be afraid to use references when you need to until you've built up a considerably decent visual library (and even then, use references if you need to). Potential employers would want to see a portfolio of mostly finished work instead of just two pieces, I'm certain.

But if you've already got those things and more under your belt and you feel that you're ready, go for it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Exhno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To be honest no, this isn't a good example of industry level. However, I found your blog and you do have a number of good things. The problem seems to be that you're unsure of how to tell your good work from your weak work. I spent a couple of years really struggling with that myself. Go through your site and drastically cut pieces out of your portfolio. Get someone you trust to be honest, to go through it with you if you have to. Only show your very best. You only need about 5-10 pieces. Every piece you put in your portfolio either helps you or it hurts you. Most art directors really can't tell what your capable of by looking at your work. Usually they have to see that you can and already do exactly what they're looking for... anything that isn't up to quality only convinces them that you can't. Also, don't try to show everything in the same portfolio. Make different portfolios geared towards the kind of work you're applying to. If animation, do an animation one. Illustration needs an illustration oriented one... and so on.

You have some great ideas, characters, and sketches, but they're buried under some weaker work. I know there is a temptation to just start generating as much content as you can to fill a portfolio, but 1 really solid piece will beat 100 weak pieces any day. Don't be afraid to spend a week or even a month getting one right. It'll get you an industry job much faster in the long run.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shorinji_Knight For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The drawings you have on your blog are way better than these. You have good skills so relax from your stress and try to make maybe some series of good drawings under a concept [choose something just to show that you can work consistently]. Your work seems to becoming ready for the animation industry, so i dont know a lot about that, however i see that your skills are on the right track. I think you are close, now keep your will up and you will be there soon. Also check the work of people already working in the industry you want[or the specific company you aiming for]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I really like this weird creature. I love that it looks so geometrically and the scales look really great. First I thought your egdes are sloopy, but I think its the blur you've used there. Check out the top of the eyes, it looks really bad with the blur on th eyelids. Furthermore you could work out the tree a little big more. It looks a bit unfinished.

"It's a time machine, Napoleon. We bought it online."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Qikalain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks everyone for the input i will work on it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.