Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "Didn't like you that much until you made the Chew-Z reference."

no you were right the first time

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have a theory that many people form drug habits as a way of compensating sexual urges - like cigarettes for example. Not getting enough sex? Well that's alright, you can have all the cigarettes you like, and all the times you'd normally be wanting sex, you've rewired your brain for a smoke. Are there any statistics on this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I come from a family who is very very scared of anything non-over the counter as far as drugs. And I don't really know anyone who (openly) smokes or the like. I've always been curious about trying weed, or some form of acid. Just because I like to keep an open mind about things, and trying some of that stuff may help with understanding certain aspects of the experience/the people who fight for it.

The "straight edge" kind of people, at least, the ones who are overly self rightous and aggressive about not doing drugs or booze, always have kind of irked me. Most of these drugs are pretty harmless in controlled, responsible amounts. And I only really see hard core drugs and bath salts killing people. So what's the dealio?

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,889 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    I have a theory that many people form drug habits as a way of compensating sexual urges - like cigarettes for example. Not getting enough sex? Well that's alright, you can have all the cigarettes you like, and all the times you'd normally be wanting sex, you've rewired your brain for a smoke. Are there any statistics on this?
    Uh no, sex and drugs go together like peanut butter and jelly.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's no sense in penalizing someone for how they choose to relax as long as it doesn't become a detrimental lifestyle. Alcohol is great at parties, not so much at your grandma's funeral (in most cases, anyway).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "So what's the dealio? "

well, drugs are no ones business but your own so take this with a fucking mount everest sized grain of salt, but:

weed is fun, you relax with your friends and think up stupid jokes, play video games with neverbeforeknown zeal, and it makes you patient and good at detail work, like drawing for example. it also makes you hungry.
    smoking is bad for you in any form, dont believe the bullshit about weed not being carcinogenic; anything you burn and inhale isnt donig your lungs any favours.

e is fun too, you feel super happy and realise you really, really love your friends and fams, and even strangers become temporarily interesting. a cuddle with your sister on E is pretty amazing. you also cant get enough of house music and dancing around feels super awesome. well it does to me anyway... this is one straight edgers will never get cos theres nothing in sober life like it.
    on the down side, youll feel a bit edgy for a few days afterward, this is called the comedown. if you do loads youll feel a bit miserable the tuesday after the weekend, otherwise it just makes concentrating on work difficult for a few days. theres a thing called 5HTP which pretty much takes care of the come down. google has more information.
    note; sex on e can be amazing although it can be difficult to cum, but be careful who you kiss cos its likely theyre likely to seem a fuck of a lot less interesting and funny later.

acid can be scary. its really strange and you might panic a bit. you doubt whats real and it all gets really intense. pretty much everyone does this at least once.this is called a bad trip. on the other hand, acid on a sunny day in a field with your buds is a pretty safe way to get out your box, chat a load of bullshit, get what woodstock was all about and generally have a profoundly fun and interesting experience without much risk. take way too much at a punk gig with a girl you just found out is cheating on her scary boyfriend with you and hes over there and hes staring at you and hes turning into a gargoyle at your own risk...

coke, waste of money, unless someone else is paying. try not to mix it with booze it metabolises into some nasty heart rotting shit. makes you chat shit very fast, which can be fun. it also makes you really want more coke. on the plus side its completely gone from your system in a day including your blood. on the downside, if youve got the lethal trio of availability, money and boredom, youll get hooked on that shit quicker than you can say 'oh no wheres all my money gone?'
    plus it makes you a bit of a prick. or more of one in my case.

mushrooms, my personal favourite. you eat them, you feel a bit sketchy and wierd for a while and maybe have to go off for a quiet poo, then its all gravy, youre lucid, you have really interesting conversations with people some of whom may actually be there, you laugh a lot, i love em. dont believe the hype, they wont make you go insane or grow dreadlocks.

ketamine, this stuffs pretty crazy. it reminds me of the insanity pepper from the simpsons, ie its a lot more like what i imagined drugs to be like when i was a kid.you fly off round the universe, music becomes 3d, it makes walking pretty much impossible so you better all be on it or the guy who isnt is going to be surrounded by a bunch of screaming laughing idiots. it doesnt last that long so unlike acid youre not lost in it for hours if it goes sketchy. taking too much will nail you to the floor and make you think youre outside the universe or something. this is called a k hole. dont worry, itll be over soon.
    with some friends and some music it can be totally amazing, but dont expect anyone to beleive you, the whole its horse tranquiliser thing is A true, and B not exactly a great sales pitch. doesnt give you any hangover when its gone, you just slowly reassmble yourself and youre fine again.

salvia, this stuff is INTENSE. you hit it in a bong it tastes terrible and someone needs to catch the bong cos you will be off round the universe immediately. very scary the first time, pretty amazing after that. you go off to the spirit realm or something, talk with the dead, see all sorts of impossible things, its like youre normal, but the whole world has gone insane..treat it with respect!

alcohol, the inhibition inhibitor, makes you progressively stupider and more reckless the more you do, this is probably the worst of the bunch.

except for smack and meth, youve seen trainspotting and breaknig bad, just say no kids.

[DISCLAIMER: Dont believe anything I say. Or do. Its up to you. Youre a grown up... (if not stop reading this and go draw or play in the woods or something, youll get to wreck yourself on this stuff in good time, but for now scram!) ...so make your own choices. These are simply some things I picked up in the last 10 or so years and may be completely at odds with your personal beliefs, religion, family values, logic, and definitely your local laws. Drugs arent something to be glorified, any more than white water rafting is. But like white water rafting, drugs can be fun, exciting, dangerous and leave you upside down and soaking wet. Theres lots of good info out there, and it never hurt anyone to be well read. Unless youre reading a lot of Hunter Thompson, that guy spouted more bullshit about drugs than a million me's, God love him. One thing I will say for Hunter tho, apart from being super funny, was he never glorified drugs. Went on and on about them till you were half convinced of the nonsense that life without them might be in some way less fulfilling, but hey it shifted books. But never forget what he called his arguably most famous work. Fear And Loathing. If you do too much, too much, youll experience plenty of both. But then, so do teetollers. In any case, be careful and remember, enjoy drugs responsibly. Peace be upon you.]

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; November 28th, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dont believe the bullshit about weed not being carcinogenic; anything you burn and inhale isnt donig your lungs any favours.
    All true.
    Vaporizers ftw.

Weed is so ridiculously harmless, I never understand how the propaganda is still around in 2012.
    The worst thing that anyone ever did while smoking weed is say something stupid. Big deal.

You forgot the paranoia part. That shit is totally real, haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yeah. you get really paranoid about spending all your time round your friends houses eating crap and playing Gran Tourismo till 5am.
    dont listen to those voices, you NEED the Redbull X1, and its only 22000 more experience points.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    oh yeah. you get really paranoid about spending all your time round your friends houses eating crap and playing Gran Tourismo till 5am.
    dont listen to those voices, you NEED the Redbull X1, and its only 22000 more experience points.
    Hahahaha...
    I walked up the stairs and my two cats were sitting next to each other like the twins in the Shining. That sparked a little wave of paranoia for sure. But then again, I'd be paranoid of that weed or no.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dusty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I'm gonna get along with this Kendal guy lol..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonycarey View Post
    I think I'm gonna get along with this Kendal guy lol..
    I stopped talking to him after he spammed my inbox with walls of text comprising of nothing but fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You didn't take up his offer? What a waste

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If I followed up with every user that dropped an F-bomb in my inbox, half the forum would have had a taste.

Kendall is ok, he likes long walks along the Thames, peyote and Dire Straits "Heavy Fuel".

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    If I followed up with every user that dropped an F-bomb in my inbox, half the forum would have had a taste.

Kendall is ok, he likes long walks along the Thames, peyote and Dire Straits "Heavy Fuel".
    That's how you build an empire sir..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahahaha fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never been much into drugs. watched my dad go down the bad end of an opiate addiction, and basically watched him waste his life until he was murdered by a man high off PCP.
    I've always had a fear of having that genetic disposition to becoming addicted.

I've smoked pot, tried saliva (the lower dose stuff.. didn't do anything but taste like burnt toast), smoked tabacco from a hooka (she-sha), and coming from atlantic city NJ, of course I have drank. Nothing quite like waking up from a black-out with hickeys all over.
    I'd like to try shrooms, but for the most part, I prefer being sober. I don't like the idea of chemicals so I try to stay the natural path, and I see nothing wrong with using drugs occasionally as a social bond, or simply as a release.

It's ridiculous when people are anti-drug, but use pharmaceuticals like candy. I try not even to take benedryl unless my allergies are really acting up.

Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to themegagod For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahahaha fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou...
    maybe later , i just ate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youre on the list Mike, im telling you. one day. thats all Ill say. one day im gonna threaten you like youve never been threatened before..

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,151 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artists reading this thread and feeling intimidated by the "coolness" on display in this thread: There is absolutely nothing wrong with just drinking socially. And nothing wrong with being against drugs on principle. All you need to do is meet enough drug addicts and see the lives they live, you can evaluate just how "cool" they are for yourself. Which is a fake, pathetic kind of cool.

'Get high with me bro, you'll get all sorts of amazing ideas" is the saddest line I've heard a thousand times. Not just at the time I heard it, but also in retrospect seeing just how much nothing the people who pleaded with me to get high with them did with their lives. Just as bad is watching people kick drug habits in their late 30s and 40s and finding they are emotionally still 21 and have a lot to learn about themselves.

No need to go down the road of escapism and fake experience. When you chemically fool your brain into thinking it has had a profound experience, it is very hard to unfool it. There's no reason to help mental illness along. Or cancer for that matter.

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    Artists reading this thread and feeling intimidated by the "coolness" on display in this thread: There is absolutely nothing wrong with just drinking socially. And nothing wrong with being against drugs on principle. All you need to do is meet enough drug addicts and see the lives they live, you can evaluate just how "cool" they are for yourself. Which is a fake, pathetic kind of cool.

'Get high with me bro, you'll get all sorts of amazing ideas" is the saddest line I've heard a thousand times. Not just at the time I heard it, but also in retrospect seeing just how much nothing the people who pleaded with me to get high with them did with their lives. Just as bad is watching people kick drug habits in their late 30s and 40s and finding they are emotionally still 21 and have a lot to learn about themselves.

No need to go down the road of escapism and fake experience. When you chemically fool your brain into thinking it has had a profound experience, it is very hard to unfool it. There's no reason to help mental illness along. Or cancer for that matter.
    honestly, I agree and I think along with kendall's posts everyone should read this one as well. There is no right way to live, and there is no true "coolness" to either.

99% of drugs are dangerous in one way or another, and I think everyone should be aware of this.

drugs don't make one a better artist, nor do they make you a worse artist.
    If you want to do them, more power to you.

If you don't want to, no one should promote their usage to make you a better artist (I cannot even begin to coulnt all of the student in highschool who swore pot made them a better artist and would do the same for whoever tried it).

If you don't want to do drugs, don't do them, and don't let those who do become active participants in your life; they will only try to drag you to their level and unless you have a very strong will, it may very well work.
    If you want to do drugs, well obviously you are going to, and no one can stop you (obviously the law doesn't). There are enough people who already want to go down your path that you shouldn't try to convert people to your way of thinking. Be ethical.

honestly the drug, versus anti-drug argument seems a lot like the religious versus atheist fights.

I adopt a view of agnosticism on all fronts.
    extremes on either side scare me.

Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themegagod For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stories aside I think Kev's right tho; drugs arent cool. But they can be fun. As with sex, if you dont want to do them, dont let anyone force you. Ever.
    Just be careful, dont do loads and loads your first time, have people you trust with you and avoid the really addictive ones, they will mess you up yo.
    And remember illegal drugs are illegal; the last thing you need in your life is trouble with the cops.
    One final thought; real cool is being kind, and being your own person. Oh and reading. Readings cool too. My 2cents. G'luck!

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; November 30th, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for crack and meth they should add a third colored bar that says "harm to all the stuff they stole to pay for these drugs" also how are anabolic steroids less dangerous than pot? seriously if you use them incorrectly you destroy your liver and your ability to produce your own testosterone without more steroids, seems a little more dangerous than the munchies..

i do totally agree with where alcohol is though..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm on the fence really on anything other than weed which I've never even smoked. Mainly because a close friend of mine moved away for college, next time I saw him heard from some others at our get together he was experimenting with all sorts of drugs. Got hooked on something and while no one really wanted to say eventually I found he OD'd in his dorm. He was a music major and can guarantee he was in the mentality of trying everything to expand his horizons like many of the great music legends through time.

Hence why I don't know how I feel. I've had friends do many things in front of me and I couldn't care as long as they aren't something too strong or addictive. Especially the addictive part. Kind of like how I've had 4 close friends take a hit off a cig saying "it's just one cigarette", then another, and another and now they smoke all the time and can't stop. I don't even care if they smoke it's just the irony that I told every last one of them they'll be smoking packs a day and they all did. If I found out friends were trying something like cocaine I would literally full force slap the ever living shit out of them.

The only drug stance I really know where I stand on is pot.
    Weed, less dangerous than alcohol easily. Even those who smoke it are more mellow
    while Alcohol god knows how many fights and stupid shit I've seen from someone pissing on a wall
    to busting their back windshield because they're locked out of their car. Lowers inhibitions and some people are fine, they're funny or more relaxed, others are just assholes when they're inhibitions are lowered.

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,151 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, its proven once again: if anybody can find the most misleading graph on the internet about any particular controversial topic, Mr. Kendall can!

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Alcohol is such a widespread thing that we pretty much know everything about it. Obviously the harmful effects of it will seem to dwarf all other drugs. But I'd bet that if as many people were on heroine or something every weekend as there are people drinking alcohol the large scale negative aspects of it would be a lot more obvious.

And the harmful aspects of drugs are so different that it's kind of hard to compare. Alcohol can ruin your liver but at least you can have a new one transplanted if it comes to that point. The brain damage that cannabis can cause is a lot harder to repair...

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've recently become addicted to this drug called vitamin.
    Kev is right, drugs isn't cool. And Kendall is right as well, drugs can be really fun and if you are lucky you may think, during all the stupid shit you think about while on drugs, about something that will alter your life in a positive way and if you are unlucky you may become an addict and join all the other people who end up doing nothing with there lives. I do think that most drug addicts started with the idea that drugs was cool and a way to be socially accepted or as a way to escape reality instead of really wanting the experience. Besides that I also think that a lot of non-drug users do as little with there life as drug addicts.

edit: For those who do like to experiment with drugs. I recently runned through a forest while being on MDMA. So I Can tell from experience, that nature and mdma are a hell of a combination and it is definitely worthwhile if you are going to take it anyway, to try that once!

Last edited by D.Labruyere; November 28th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by themegagod View Post
    If you don't want to do drugs, don't do them, and don't let those who do become active participants in your life; they will only try to drag you to their level and unless you have a very strong will, it may very well work.
    I have to disagree strongly on this. One of my best friends does drugs and she never bothers me to do them with her. Early on in our friendship she asked if I smoked pot (so we could smoke it together), I politely said no, and she's never asked me about it again. She won't start a story about drugs without asking me if it's okay first, and she won't touch drugs when she's around me. It's pretty funny because I've told her repeatedly that I don't care if she does drugs or talks about it, but she's still scared of offending me. The only thing drugs affect in our relationship is that we don't hang out weekend nights, which isn't a big deal.

TL;DR: Some people who do drugs are jerks about it, some aren't. Depends on the person and how much they respect others.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think one of the big problems is "drugs" is used to encompass harmless or only slightly harmful things like weed and mushrooms and e, and very dangerous ones like heroin and crack.

its like saying you shouldnt have a house cat because tigers will kill you, ie scaremongering.

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its like saying you shouldnt have a house cat because tigers will kill you, ie scaremongering.
    Those little pusses are gateway killers.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill618 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    Dopamine is the nucleus around which feel-good pursuits revolve.
    Then again, since bodies are genes’ way of making more genes, and sex is the vehicle to achieve that—maybe Freud was unto something, and you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Labruyere View Post
    I recently runned through a forest while being on MDMA. So I Can tell from experience, that nature and mdma are a hell of a combination and it is definitely worthwhile if you are going to take it anyway, to try that once!
    Running through a forest with a Grizzly in hot pursuit can be a mind expanding, life altering experience, too.

---
    As far as drugs being useful in the creative process—meh.
    They may stretch the latitude of divergent thinking a tad, in typically uncreative folks, but not so much for true creative types. Drugs largely have a distortive effect rather than a truly useful, creative one. The problem is, a large proportion of people who call themselves ‘artists’ tend to confuse distortion with creativity.

Outside of quenching my curiosity, I haven’t walked away with anything really useful from my extensive ‘test pilot’ days, except that drugs are by and large mind distorting rather than mind expanding or enlightening, let alone creativity enhancing. I find weed to be creativity stifling. My most profound (memorable) weed revelation was that cars are nothing more than elaborate moving chairs.
    Acid—the unraveling mind, like the dying brain (under the right conditions) can be a beautiful experience. I haven’t had a near death experience, but I'm morbidly curious.

–Just my two neurons rubbing together.

The sound of a teeth-floating rush at 2:58

Last edited by bill618; November 28th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill618 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2