Concept Design Academy
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Concept Design Academy

I haven't seen many reviews on this school other than, "Its amazing!" "Student work is great" etc.

Anyone attended this school? I want to spend next summer in LA to go there. I am still not sure what workload I should take.

Any information would be great! Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last time someone was asking for reviews of Red Engine. A school similar to CDA in Los Angeles. Nobody answered his questions. I am currently working for an entrance portfolio for Gnomon. I wish to become a 3D artist and I was thinking of stopping at CDA before I submit my portfolio at Gnomon. So what I did is search for students blogs and ask them myself. You should do the same. I will give you the same recommendations they gave me. Draw from observation. Make sure you know your basics and DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I checked out your sketch book and I suggest that you do some landscape drawing/painting. I also recommend that you draw vehicles, airplanes, animals, bugs and plants.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to saprissa9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.conceptdesignacad.com/76412.html

Go to their website and check out their curriculum. They have about 4 tracks available. Maybe that will help you to make a decision?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've taken a few classes there. It's awesome. The only negative is that it's getting difficult to get into some of the classes - they fill up really quickly. It's not really set up like a regular school though; but if you want to get the most out of the classes, my recommendation would be to not take too many. (Since the best way to improve is to do a lot of outside work, which you need to give yourself time for.) There are no grades. No one is going to make you do the work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice Herring For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since I only was planning on going for the summer and renting an apartment next to the school, I was thinking about getting a high workload. Does 4 courses sound like too much? And how fast do they fill up? :o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Depends on the demand of the class - but some of them fill up right when registration opens. (on the minute.) The school itself might be able to tell you which classes have a high demand. 3kicks has some amazing classes and they are literally in the same building. Also, renting in Pasadena isn't exactly cheap. I'd recommend setting aside 20 hours a week for each class, if you really want to improve quickly - but that's a personal judgement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to attend this academy for improvements not for learning how to draw. Actually that is my question do you learn to draw there or would it be better if oyu skills are more high then go there to get even more higher thats what my suggestion is. I think I'm more likely to go to Feng zhu design school or TAD, and this place maybe to learn more of other artists like Jerad s marantz and mike corriero and learn on other things, like Z brush, clay sculpting etc .

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.