Has anybody tried Samsung ATIV Smart PC?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Has anybody tried Samsung ATIV Smart PC?

I'm looking to buy a tablet pc to paint digitally and it seems to be the best choice currently. Has anybody tried it yet?

I'm also wondering if there's a noticeable difference in performance between the 500T with its 1.5Ghz Atom and the 700T with the 1.7Ghz i5, for PS at least. Although an additonal 2GB ram and 64 GB harddrive seems quite useful for the additional price of 300 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...msung+Smart+PC

Or maybe I should just wait for Surface Pro to be released. It seems that there's quite some a lot of people looking forward to it on the forum.

Last edited by Aaron_; November 19th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The ATIV Smart PC has been thoroughly put thru its paces on the Tabletpcreviews forums. Its a great tablet. fantastic Ipad levels of Battery life...and its great for Sketchbook Pro and Artrage......but Photoshop does not run well on it. The 3rd gen Core i5 equipped ATIV Smart PC Pro (700T) is a much better choice for photoshop. Battery life won't be as good...but the Screen Res is also alot better.

as far as the Surface Pro.....I'd advise holding off until its been reviewed by artists. Although having a slightly smaller screen...spec wise its very similar to the ATIV Smart PC Pro...however it has a big difference in the tech of the Pen. Samsung uses its Wacom/Spens which are great for Art. Microsoft is using its own pen digitizer which is new and untested. Much like the woes of anyone who has used a N-trig tablet.....just because the tablet has Pen support doesn't mean its going to be good for art. Untill other Artists who plunk down and give it the thumbs up or down.....hold off on surface pro.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man, thanks a lot for the very detailed reply. The ATIV does seem like a great choice then.

And I totally agree with you on the Surface Pro. Not sure if I should trust Microsoft's pen making skills, should probably not put so much expectations on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_ View Post
    Not sure if I should trust Microsoft's pen making skills, should probably not put so much expectations on it.
    I'm letting my expectations rise, at this point. The pen technology they are apparently using looks really exciting. I posted some details on this thread.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thegiffman For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1