Art: ZOMBIE WIP (Just need some paint / touching up)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ZOMBIE WIP (Just need some paint / touching up)

Hey all, has been about 2 years since I touched any sculpey. Well I had some old sculpey laying around and decided to fire out a quick zombie bust. Now, I am an idiot and added the hair before paint, so I will try to work on it - you will see a group shot with some of my other sculpts from years ago that I never painted/finished.

I have a question for small details, I tend to use a toothpick but it leaves alot of tiny little chunks which get in the way when I am working really small details - is there something else? For instance, sculpting out a tiny eye and eye lids, I can do it fine with a toothpick but it leaves an ugly trail of little tiny sculpey chunks - when I try to clean those I end up screwing stuff up.

Anyways, any thoughts?? I have never painted a sculpt yet so any tips on that would be great as well.

Name:  zombie_sculpt_by_mjaram-d5lk429.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  287.2 KBName:  the_zombie_clan_by_mjaram-d5lk3qw.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  302.5 KBName:  zombie_sculpt_by_mjaram-d5lk414.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  288.6 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay I painted it. My first time painting any sculpture. Got 4 colors and some cheap brushes, plus a gloss/glaze. Thoughts?

Album for you here:

http://imgur.com/a/RHffA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi painted it with 4 colors. First time painting sculpture. Need an airbrush. Thoughts?

Name:  z3.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  436.7 KBName:  z5.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  456.4 KBName:  z7.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  402.8 KBName:  z8.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  363.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks good to me! Very gruesome. Are zombies usually so bloody? I'm not really up on my zombie lore, but it seems to me a rotten corpse would be less red.

Re: sculpey crumbs, try a small paintbrush dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove the crumbs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Notophthalmus View Post
    It looks good to me! Very gruesome. Are zombies usually so bloody? I'm not really up on my zombie lore, but it seems to me a rotten corpse would be less red.

Re: sculpey crumbs, try a small paintbrush dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove the crumbs.
    Thanks. The bloodyness is due to the axe wound in his skull and the blood around his mouth, perhaps from a recent meal. On the base I will put him on I was thinking of having him come out of faux dirt. As he has the expression that he is wriggling upwards. However it won't make sense with blood coming out of his mouth. Thanks for the critique - I was going for the gruesome look. In person, it scares my girlfriend.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.