Art: latest stuff

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: latest stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

latest stuff

Hay all.

This is something I put together using painter and Photoshop together. CC welcome. I know the let is wonky. I didn't notice from the rough sketch until it was too late. I tried to go back and fix it, but the whole picture seems some how too static. Anyway, it became more of a painting exercise. Let's hear it.

D

latest stuff

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kool, it reminds me of the shield in Diablo 1...he looks like he has manboobs though. Or is it a chick? Why doesn't he/she have a weapon? Give me a backstory or I'll look confused all day...I can't help but think he's seen something really cool/scary and he's like woah! :confused: Fill me in!
    'mars

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, when you've been fighting your way through all 9 levels of hell, in your undies, you're happy to put on any armor you find, even if it's bitch armor. But really, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. (Have to do something about that). As for the weapon, well, he left in his other suit. So he's been out of luck this whole time. He's had to do a lot of running to avoid the creepy crawlies (that's why he's so clean)...

But really you bring up a good point. I think if I had put some more thought into it, as apposed to making just a 'painting study' I could have come up with a more convincing image. Maybe I'll add a bit more grunge (blood on the shield and boots and floor), and a few screeches and dents. That or give him a kick ass monster buster. Any thing else?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the lighting. My comments would to work on the armor a bit. It's a little too soft. You need to add some hard edges and some more intense reflection. Right now your dude looks a little flabby.

I would also suggest perhaps a different pose. The hand looks a little odd to me.

What you have is very strong and dramatic, but... it wants something more. Perhaps a weapon, or a different angle. A more interesting pose makes for a more interesting picture.

The pose thing is purely subjective though.

~S

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOrldyDave,

Great start man. A good sense of light going on there. I like the secondary source of light you placed rather than just throwing one intense light source.
    It's nice that you didnt throw in too many distracting colors. A small pallette is sometimes the best and quite challenging by itself.

Since it's painter work you can easily go over the anatomy and pose and redo parts.

But all in all, great attempt. Good seeing u on Sunday.

"It is discipline, and not talent that , distinguishes the pauper from the king"

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.