Art: Beast WIP
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Beast WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beast WIP

Finally working on a new sculpt after at least a year off. I'd love to hear any initial feedback before I go into too much detail work. Not the greatest photos, I need to get out my tripod....

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good so far! Just a couple of notes: the left forefoot is positioned in a way a big cat-like animal would not use, with the wrist flat to the ground. Try elevating the forearm and bending the wrist down for a more natural pose. (Surprisingly hard to find a good reference photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ok-oyot/6534217019/). Also, the forearm on the right foreleg is oddly curved, and doesn't seem symmetrical with the left leg.

A third thought: you've given the beast a large, powerful tail. What does he use it for? If it's for balance, it should be stiffer. If it's for swimming, it should be deeper or finned. Or maybe it's a defensive weapon, or prehensile, or for swatting flies....whatever its function, its design should reflect that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the feedback. your observation on both forelegs is something i have noticed as well after studying some anatomy books a bit closer. it's frustrating to go back and remedy them know as it might require some armature alteration but i think it must be done.

appreciate the tail thoughts as well....not sure where i'm going with it yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.