Can anybody help me find the right brush?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Can anybody help me find the right brush?

Okay, so I'm relatively new to the digital painting scene. I did it on and off a couple of years ago, but I haven't done it since since I went on a full time two year mission for my church. That being said, most of my knowledge, unfortunately, has faded out of memory. I'm relearning all the tricks and junk I knew in Photoshop and my Intuous 2 tablet. Anyway, that brings me to my question: I'm trying to figure out what my style is, and for now, I'm drawing things and trying to replicate certain visual styles to see what works best for me. I have a great deal to figure out about brushes, and I figure people here will know a lot better than me.

SO, let's say I'm trying to create a picture with a style similar to this. Does anybody have any brush sets or any settings they would recommend to achieve such an effect? I don't doubt my ability to be able to paint things well once I know all of this, but right now it's kind of a big confusing mess finding out how to use all these brushes right and how and when and where and blah blah, so if anyone could help me out, or give me any tips, I'll be here. Thanks a lot!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a style i've always wanted to master ever since i seen San Andrea's concept art. Vice City and GTAIII's art are little less amazing but still verry cool.
    Ian McQue did GtaIV's concept art, he also seems to be involved in the older games of the series. It bugs me to not be able to find who's doing GTAV's concept art, but i bet he's involved again.

I been trying to replicate the brush style, it can be achieved by just using standard brushes from photoshop (i use CS6). Try using hard edged, opacity controlled brushes with pressure on to start out with. And just play with the settings untill you're statisfied.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1