Early stage re-design for jet-ish robot.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Early stage re-design for jet-ish robot.

Hi, Ive decided to rework one of my semi-recent designs; The Ciel 002 Elegance
    Name:  Ciel 002 re-work.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  194.0 KB
    The 002 is the classical Jack-of-all -trades of the Ciels (001-005). Not having any built in weapons (unless you count the arm fins) and is made to be able to carry a lot of different weapon types instead. So a pretty standard player/hero mech. The main feature of the 002 is It's ability to go between humanoid/hovering mode and a quicker jet mode.
    Setting/Backstory: The Ciels are ancient super prototype style mechs built by an unknown elder-race/forerunner/ancients. They used the semi-magical mineral "Gemma" to power almost all of their technology. When the 001,002 and 003 are discovered the ones who find them decide to rather keep their existence secret and study the almost limitless potential of Gemma. But as always something goes wrong and a few of the scientists decide to sell the technology to one of the two warring sides in a generation spanning war (pretty normal setting). While they do get away with some of the technology the most they can construct in the beginning are simple hover devices that in no way match the Ciels in raw power and can be summed up as flying semi-humanoid boxes with gemma Condensers strapped to their body.

So while the old Ciel at least worked somewhat I feel that the design really doesn't feel like an ancient war machine. The two quick ideas I worked on are the A and B, the A got a cooler and more angular look while B is more the smooth rounded ornamental of the two. I really want to marry the two somehow but I've hit a roadblock and decided to turn here for tips.

Any ideas, tips or critiques would be greatly appreciated. It anything is unclear from these pretty simple sketches tell me and Ill draw up an explanation for whatever part It may be.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looks similar to a YF-21 from macross plus.

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, never thought my reluctance to watch the macross franchise would come back to bite me in the ass xD
    That YF-21 is really cool, and Ill agree that the leg/head antenna looks similar. Not sure If Its too alike or not tho.
    On an unrelated note, is that rider someone I am unaware of or is It the Greed Uva? Just something about the visor reminds me of him. =P

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's a drawing I did from the kamen rider blade series, Joker.

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.