God save the Queen! The ConceptArt.Org Workshop is coming to the UK- Instructor List - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How did I miss this until today? Um... yes please! Will have to wait until nearer the time to purchase but I want!

Any thoughts on Brom being there again?.... Boris V and Julie B? Bobby Chiu? Feng Zhu? Say yes..... go on.... please....

Freelance Artist Website : http://www.allyalbon.com

Blog : http://allyalbon.wordpress.com/

Black Cat Chronicles : Soul Thief now published
    http://aileenpettigrew.wordpress.com/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bought the ticket!
    I've been wanting to go since i first saw the Insomania workshop video posted few years ago

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bought the ticket!

Man I've never missed the dancing banana smiley more than i do now. I sure look like one right now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just bought my ticket!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just got an email from CA.org asking for input as to where the workshop should be held. (Dated Dec 15th).

So the London location is not set? If so is there a venue?

Thanks,

fes is offline Level Up - All Access Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got that same email Craig... but I think it was a little slow and that decision was long made. If you look at the facebook page HERE, you'll see they say it's London - but no venue given.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wait, so there's no venue yet? How can a date be set and tickets sold without a venue?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just discovered about it because of said poll email, yesterday 17th.

Anyway, london suits me, so I'll try to be there

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel. View Post
    Wait, so there's no venue yet? How can a date be set and tickets sold without a venue?
    yea, I have the same question...

JanDegler is offline *°* ..Reinvent yourself every day.. *°* Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well guys dont go crazy, to get an event like this going is really tons of work, so give them some time.... I am indeed suffering for answers too, but I guess they will come!

So thumbs up for Jason & Co!!!

See you there!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ack, unfortunately I was not able to vote or reply in the poll thread before it was closed, and I don't know where else to post this, but I figure I'd just have my say here. If it doesn't belong here and instead in a different section feel free to move it or whatever the protocol is.

I understand the London venue is great for the European artists, because it's very easy for them to get to (especially cost-wise) compared to going to the US. However, NYC has yet to see a single one of these sorts of workshops. The Imaginism Studios workshops have been to Toronto, Cali, even Brazil, but never to NYC. I understand the costs of setting up a workshop and paying for the instructors' flights and lodging can be very expensive on top of other astronomical costs, but given the city's artist population and places like SVA, I can see that paying for itself rather easily. Companies like Rockstar, Take2 and Atari have headquarters in NYC, and Vicarious Visions is in Albany, which is not terribly far away by car from the city (traffic conditions nonwithstanding).

The problem is, it's very difficult and even more expensive for people who live on the East Coast (especially in the Tri-State area) to travel to the West Coast for these workshops compared to Europeans traveling to London. A European friend of mine put it quite well when he described the US's states as being geographically not unlike Europe's countries in terms of the proximity between them and traveling between one or another, but traveling between, say, Paris to Berlin, is far shorter and a lot easier than traveling from NYC to LA or San Francisco. The closest alternative is Toronto, but that can also be rather difficult to travel to as well from the East Coast, even for people in the Tri-State area. Europe has plenty of these workshops, while New York has gotten zero love from the concept art scene, methinks mostly because the majority of the industry is in the West Coast.

Given this (and the fact that NYC is in second place in the polls), I would love for the next CA workshop (and, fingers crossed, many other workshops) would start coming to NYC after the London one. I really do believe that, with the proper venue and the right advertising, the turnout would be HUGE and all of the high costs will pay for themselves. Mostly I just feel like there have been enough workshops in other major cities of the world and NYC is long overdue for some love from the concept art communities and their workshops.

Granted, I no longer live there, so it'd be difficult for me to attend even if I wanted to, but I still think that there needs to be an influx of NYC workshops. If concept artists can be brought all the way from California to Far East Asia or Brazil for three-day workshops, then NYC really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I may be too late to cast my vote but I'm not too late to cast it for next time I just wanted to attempt a strong case for more NYC workshops, because I know people fear the cost factor but I don't think it's as much of an issue as people make it out to be. The only huge issue people need to worry about is the nightmare that is JFK International Airport.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds wonderful. London is on my doorstep so I'd be thrilled to go to it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spyhopping For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    id love to go to that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    are there still tickets for this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HOLY MOTHER!

I'm there!

Really hope there are tickets left.

Sketchbook - Zeezee's Journey from a Rookie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I missed the one in San Francisco, not missing this one.

My Sketchbook!This scrub needs your guidance

Very Cool Guys:
    Lakai ---- Whirly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Any news on the venue?

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quike Garcia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kun-fu Panda!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't believe they're all coming to the UK! This is really exciting news, thanks for the info Jason

JanDegler is offline *°* ..Reinvent yourself every day.. *°* Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cant wait for any updates!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that the workshop is still on and we're just ironing out the details. We should have a real concrete update soon. I look forward to meeting you there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi CaitlinC
    Are you associated with the workshop in some way?
    Where is Jason?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Craig! I'm a volunteer for the workshop and working with Jason.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CaitlinC For This Useful Post:

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,599 Times in 2,206 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    First off, thank you all for your patience. The updates are coming and you will see a lot of information posted in the coming days. We have an entire team of great people working on this show, assisting with the venue, working with sponsors, negotiating with the hotels, and booking flights. We are at this every day. I have posted the program outline update on the first page of this thread tonight and there is a lot more coming. The schedule for the four day event is to be uploaded this week and the site design (which has been redone to match the brand new conceptart.org 4.0 site which will be launched prior to the event), is in the works and we have a great team working on that too. The workshop is on and we are busy as bees getting everything done.

Regarding the announcement on the TAD site, that is solely due to TAD's accreditation. The workshops are not part of TAD. The college must abide by strict state guidelines and it is required to state that for legal clarity only, as there are all sorts of rules and regulations related to accredited colleges. This is a ConceptArt.Org event, as always. There are many instructors from TAD whom we are fortunate to have with us, and we are all looking forward to the show.

This event was announced very early and we are actually ahead of schedule. For example, the Wellington Workshop was announced less than three months prior, and the dallas workshop was announced and prepared in less than four months. This workshop will NOT be cancelled and we are moving forward full steam. With that said, please accept my apologies for the delays in getting information out. We have a full team working daily on this, including a volunteer web team building the new site, companies involved in getting the workshop contest up and announced, and some other lovely things in the works that this entire community deserves and needs.

We have found a different venue and are negotiating that now, as we really want the very best space possible. For those whom are preparing for the trip you may go ahead and book your flights. Venue and hotel information will be posted shortly.

Caitlin will be watching this thread along with me to help answer questions and she is doing a great job working with the venue and logistics involved. We will have more info in the coming days. I promise to be more diligent in making announcements as we have much to share.

As said, do go ahead and book your trip. Hotels are being negotiated with as we are working to get discounts for everyone, so that you do not have to pay full price. Please keep an eye on the forums for updates in the coming days.

The clock is ticking and we are excited about this beyond measure. I will be going through all mails and reaching back to those who have responded. Hang in there, and please know that your patience is beyond appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you for your patience.

Last edited by Jason Manley; February 16th, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thank from the deepest reaches of my heart Jason and the whole crew....I knew you wouldnt let us down on this one!!!!!! This is gonna be ***AAA*** ++

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will not let anyone down. I don't think anyone realizes how important this show is for my own personal happiness, growth, and feeling like I am giving back and doing something worthwhile. Sometimes life and biz can just become a blur. I tend to take on a lot, and in the past months I have been working to simplify life...and as we got this rolling two really great opportunities for the ca.o community and this workshop came up and have taken every moment of my focus. Fortunately we have a great team helping and I am now able to be more active in here with you all. I will be more responsive in here. Promise.

Great things are cooking, and soon will be out of the oven.

I posted up some threads, including a new painting of mine in the workshop art thread (soooooo rusty...), and really appreciate that everyone has been so supportive, as well as for the concern. Truly.

JM

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you need more spearkers you should email Frank Victoria from Weta who just joined the University of Hertfordshire BA & MA Animation team this week after 12 years at Weta http://www.wetanz.com/frank-victoria/

Lord of the Rings, King Kong, The Hobbit and lots of other cool stuff

Name:  Frank_Victoria (1).jpg
Views: 361
Size:  95.5 KB

35. The Following User Says Thank You to littleclaude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When will there be dates and costing?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Dates are May 31-June 3.

Tuition information is here:

The venue announcement is here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...Check-it-out!-) and it's a beauty.

The hotels threads will come next, so please do wait as we negotiate better deals than you can find on your own.

Venue Location: Coronet Theatre
    28 New Kent Road London SE1 6TJ
    http://www.coronettheatre.co.uk/gallery/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12