Thread: Graphire2

Thanks

Graphire2

Would a Graphire2 tablet be a good tablet for a beginner (with a tablet?)

Ive been a digital artist for years, but I have never had the chance to work with a tablet.. Ive been thining baout it and maybe a tablet would help me with my work.. I dont really want to spend alot, and I found a good deal on a Graphire2.. would this be a good thing for me to buy?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah! I scan my pencil drawings, and use my tablet and painter or photoshop to color my drawings. I know most of them are around $99 these days, but it is a very good investment. Either way novice or experienced, you'll always be learning new techniques with it. A must buy for any artist who has a computer...

Thanks
    I was trying to decide between that and the Intuous2..

I figured I could always get a better one later, and just get a cheaper one for now!

I got it for $85 flat on newegg.com.. no taxes and free shipping!

Thanks
    DragonGX- IMHO i definately consider it worth it to save up the extra cash for an intuos2. The tablet is one situation where price does make a difference. Ahh, good resolution, tilt control... .oop... I just saw your last post, ne'ermind. Well when you get ready to move up level in tablets be sure to sell it to someone on these boards, that way your wallet won't take so much of a hit.

Salud:chug: Have fun with the new tablet, hopefully you'll be posting new work with it soon.

Thanks
    Yeah, I intend on using the graphire2 to jstu get used to a tablet, without taking a huge financial hit.. I could have afforded an intuos2, and a larger drawing area, but I would like to have a basic tablet to jsut get used to and later on ill move up to a better/bigger tablet.. Maybe an Intuos2 with a larger drawing area..

That is a good idea abotu selling it on the boards when im ready to upgrade.. I could sell it at a decent price and get another beginner started!

Thanks
    I just got a graphire 2 and it's mind boggling. I sat there for a half an hour just making interesting lines. I've used it for a week now and feel really comfortable with it. Everyone who loves drawing should have one.

Thanks
    Yeah, I jsut got mine yesterday, it is realyl an awesome tool! Im jsut barely learning painter and getting familiar with it.. Its so much easier wtih a tablet than trying to create art with a mouse!