Redrawing
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Redrawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Redrawing

I'd like to redraw this bigger (it's a small sketch on an old sketchbook) but I'm blind to my own mistakes. The mouth area doesn't look right neither does the ear placement. I followed Loomis construction with some plane knowledge which is perhaps a still too fuzzy still. I suspect I need to have a firmer understanding of the skull underneath.

Any other blatant mistakes you can see? Eyes too big?

Also, I'd like to know what studies do I need to make to be able to turn his head around, up and down, tilt and etc so it looks exactly the same person every single time, because I fail at this. How do you "own" a character's face, so to speak? What artists do this flawlessly and why?

Last edited by Leonor; March 4th, 2014 at 05:05 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Only thing I pot is that where his jaw curves up towards his ear, you seem to have it disappearing ever so slightly into his neck, like the curve is actualy digging into the muscle. that looks akward and is unlikely to happen given that the turn of the head isn't really that pronounced, nor is the downward tilt of his head.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Only thing I pot is that where his jaw curves up towards his ear, you seem to have it disappearing ever so slightly into his neck, like the curve is actualy digging into the muscle. that looks akward and is unlikely to happen given that the turn of the head isn't really that pronounced, nor is the downward tilt of his head.

Members who have read this thread: 1