Art: "We practice all day, we practice all night But we're waiting for our story to start"
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: "We practice all day, we practice all night But we're waiting for our story to start"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"We practice all day, we practice all night But we're waiting for our story to start"

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your strokes (which means a lot) but seems that you don't have enough anatomy knowledge nor perspective and camera understanding yet. Keep studying and drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yup, i totally agree with you in the "no camera understanding" part. i have to learn much, but i'm on it. same as perspective...but for some reason i couldn't adopt it in digital as i do in traditional way...time will help, i think...
    but i've never been told that i don't have enough anatomy knowledge moreover the opposite ...but of course studying is always necessary.
    thank you for the comment! :>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh well let me be more clear. You do have quite some human anatomy understanding, even if it's far from being perfect, but doesn't seem the same thing if we are talking about general creature anatomy (of course i'm talking about what i see in here but hey, it's you that you choose what to show). If i have to give you a number from 1 to 10 it will be 6 and it's a good thing because you are only 3 points away from top knowledge, most young artists that i see around are somewhere between 1 and 3 so cheer up. I'm focusing on this point cause it could very much be your strength if you sharp your skills and knowledge so don't underestimate this!

About the perspective, what you're saying it's true. It's because if the perspective is correct we don't perceive it, it's just natural. The problem is that your brain is doing something different when drawing digital, it's not following your hand (mostly, unless you don't have a cintiq) so the thinking is different. Most natural thing you do when drawing in paper will not be carried on digital because you thinking is not the same process as drawing in a piece of paper. It's complicated (for me to explain this in a different language than mine, sorry) but the point is that you need time to assimilate the perspective a second time and let it be natural even with digital.

So keep going! And sign you work with something readable, it's important to let the others to be able to figure out who you are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahhhaaa i see!
    You're right and at least wake me up to practice more anatomy stuff and not only humans...
    whoa, 6 from 10 is quite good, thanks! :>
    and np, i understand what you are wanting to say.
    perspective is maybe the most important-and hardest- thing, it's always pops up if you do something wrong... >..<
    ehh my sign... ok i'll try to change my crampled handwriting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the hands on that first one!.. cool. Hitsu already mentioned the main points, but what really strikes me looking at this work is:

1. I know you have good ideas. Your first couple of pieces are significantly better than the work that follows.
    2. I'm not sure if you can polish them to a professional level (based on what you've shown here). Might want to consider adding some fully rendered pieces to your portfolio just to remove that potential doubt.
    3. Your compositions are well balanced, but they're un-interesting, because of the camera angle. It's hard to explain. It's like the Other way Vs. the Marvel way examples in 'How to Draw the Marvel Way'. You can punch up a scene and make it more interesting if you thumbnail it out first in a dozen or so variations. I believe that is what Hitsu was referring to about the camera. Study cinematics and how directors use shooting techniques to convey emotion.
    4. I suspect you're leery of color so you minimize the need for it. The color that you do show doesn't always mesh harmoniously and is a little distracting. Again maybe it is the lack that causes the doubt?.. I don't know, but it would be better to remove the potential doubt.

Pretty good start on a whole.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first of all thank You for the time to comment!

2. yeah, i know they are quite rough, because somehow i'm afraid of "overrendering"...:/ i mean losing the freshness or what...but you're right so i'll try to stay energic still detailed
    3. ahh that was the felicity:uninteresting. i have to see things different...
    4. hmmm i like colors, but these pics really don't show this...

actually, they've got old in my eyes since i uploaded them...XD so i would do things totally different now...learning learning learning

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a good sign indeed

about overrendering, you just need to know where to focus your details to catch the eye and leave the rest more rough so you won't loose the freshness (no one want's that) and you still have a good level of details on the points that matters (a little advanced secret... ooops!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    weheh, thanks for the secret ;P
    i'll try to keep everything in mind

Members who have read this thread: 1