Sketchbook: The beginning of a beginner
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The beginning of a beginner

Hi everyone,
    I am an university student and I've always enjoyed drawing, but I hadn't taken this hobby of mine seriously and spend time on it.
    But I really want to start to spend some time and really improve my drawing skills.
    I don't know if its too late to start at 20 years old but I do really wish to improve through this forum and have artists give me advices.
    I just bought the book "Drawing on the right side of the brain" and I am planning to spend 2 hours a day drawing from now on.
    I am also interested in digital drawing but I have zero experience in that and I am hoping to spend some time on drawing with pencil first to improve my basics and move on to digital.
    Can anyone give me some advice if that's a good choice? I will start posting my drawings tomorrow and I really hope I can get comments and advices.
    Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually don't really know where to begin so I read some other sketchbooks and decided to use the books by Andrew Loomis as a starting point.
    Here is some practice i did today for the ball shape.
    Name:  IMG_0696.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  92.5 KB
    I also tried to study my hand (I actually don't really know how to do a study, im just drawing what i see. Any tips on how to do a study would be much appreciated!)
    Name:  IMG_0697.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  63.1 KB
    Below are just 3 little drawings I did with a pen a few months ago along with some doodles. I haven't drawn since then but im planning to start drawing everyday now (:
    Name:  IMG_0699.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  80.7 KBName:  IMG_0700.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  93.3 KBName:  IMG_0701.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  76.1 KBName:  IMG_0702.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  117.1 KB

Please give me critiques and help me improve!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.