Art: Some Amateur Photography (Criticism Wanted)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Some Amateur Photography (Criticism Wanted)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some Amateur Photography (Criticism Wanted)

I am a 15-year-old kid just trying my best to create some art. I really would like some criticism/praise on my work.

Please leave any comments or questions below!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiho Alexander,

I'd guess you are new to photography?
    All your photos are:
    -square crop
    -over saturated
    -heavily filtered
    none of the above make them better tho

read up on basic composition (rule of thirds for example), try not just to center your subjects
    stop using filters and try editing curves in PS/Gimp to improve colors and contrast, experiment!!!
    take a couple of different shots of an object and decide which looks best, ask yourself why (different ancles, positioning in the frame, portrait or landscape etc.)

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Infinit.
    Your photos look like they are taken with a cellphone and edited with instagram. Try investing in a decent camera (wich doesn't mean it has to be immediatly an expensive DSRL, a more normal camera is good aswell, but one where you can adjust the settings to how you want it, not only on automatic). And then: experiment with taking photographs. Don't over-edit them. A bad photo can't be made into a great photo with some edits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As the other guys have said, photography is all about light and the information that you use that light to communicate. Using filtering on the base image (i.e. when you take the photo) means that the raw information is already degraded. All of these effects can be easily added at a later stage but if you want to do something different with the photo you're out of luck because you've already locked yourself into a specific 'look'. Absolutely what Infinit said, take the time to learn the basic rules of photography, composition is the first and foremost one to initially 'get', once you understand why these 'rules' exist then you can start to deliberately break them for effect. The second thing that you'll want to understand is exposure but as the other chaps have said, get yourself a half decent camera, even a relatively cheap compact will be an improvement, and get to snapping away. Once you get one or two shots that really catch your eye, figure out why and then attempt to replicate it. On any given photo walk I'll easily end up taking hundreds of photos at a time, the reality is that only 3-4 will come out as being ones that you're really stoked with but it's totally worth the effort.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.