Hiya!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hiya!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Hiya!

Hey folks!

I'm a newbie hobbyist with a few years of digital experience. I realized I lack any sort of fundamentals last summer and since then have been trying to learn how to draw traditionally. I'll upload my some of my sketches SoonTM so I can show what level I'm at. Hope to learn some cool things during my stay here!

As far as interests go, I used to be a hardcore gamer (LoL, Toribash, GGXXAC+, and TF2. My avatar is from a fighting game named Under Night In-Birth), but lately I've been trying to get off that stuff (Just started college, could use a fewer distractions). I'm current watching SAO as far as anime goes. Sports include fencing and billiards.

Any links to get started here would be appreciated. Other than the sticky threads ofc, I know I'm supposed to read those >_>. I'm currently working on understanding/drawing light and shadows (From what I understand so far, shadows arise from the lack of a certain light source/are what an object would look like if only ambient light was hitting it).

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SUP!, Ummmmmm ok so first things first hey second things second thats awesome! you should go look at idrawgirls.com or fzd's videos if you haven't already. he's helped me the most with things like lighting and composition.

ps SAO has fairies now whats up with that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, I just signed up here myself. I would recommend "Successful Drawing" by Andrew Loomis for fundamentals as it's what I've been working through and I've learned a great deal in a short amount of time from it (I'm also on the subject of light and shadow).

This page has a few links with gigs of art books, including Loomis/Vilppu/etc.

http://anatomicalart.tumblr.com/post...spiring-artist

+1 for Linne as I'll probably main her when UNiB is released on consoles (I'm a big fighting game fan. Especially KoF).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.