Thanks

Web hosting for artists

I dont want this to sound like spam, so keep in mind it is not intended to be such.

I noticed some of the users here use deviant art or 3rd party gallery hosting. I just wanted to extend an offer to the conceptart.org community that I recently gave to garagegames.com

I run a web hosting business that caters to game development and design sites. This includes all aspects of concept art and such. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in joining. Right now it's $30 us currency for one complete year of unlimited bandwidth hosting. This includes 1 gig of web space, and an included domain name. If you have any questions, please visit http://www.gamedevhosting.com or email me at mattcrawford@comcast.net

If the offer is'nt welcome or you would rather it not be advertised this way, just delete the thread. We host several sites now, all listed in the web links section on the main site that can attest to the validity of the service. Thanks in advance.

Matt

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I don't think anyone would have a problem with this. Although I have to say it sounds a little too good to be true. But I looked around the site and it's definitely intriguing.

Thanks

Cool

Unlimited bandwidth? I'm sorry, but that's impossible. I worked in telecom for 6 years and my experience tells me it's not something you should promise customers. What's your guaranteed uptime, btw? And just out of curiosity Matt, why do you have a Comcast email address and not one that represents your company?

For those interested in getting a good deal, and to understand why it's impossible to offer unlimited bandwidth, check out Web Hosting Talk. If you're serious about finding a good deal and want to know the best companies out there who offer great competitive rates, check the forums out. Just to give you an idea of cost, I have 1500MB space/50GB bandwidth for $7.50/mo. They have quick tech support and I only had one major problem (with email) that was resolved within a few hours in the 1.5 yrs I've used the host. I just don't want artists getting ripped off or paying a lot more than they should because of false promises.

Good luck to all,
    Bad Mange
    If I ventured in the slipstream between the viaducts of your dreams
    Where immobile steel rims crack and the ditch in the back roads stop
    Could you find me?
    - Van Morrison, "Astral Weeks"

Thanks
    Yeah unlimited bandwidth is something no one can offer. Most companies that advertise with unlimited bandwidth is around 5 GB traffic a day. Wich is still a lot

Thanks
    I have been starting to use this service for temporary hosting... it seems reliable so far, and it is free. Anyone else use this service?
    Life has many colors, and some of them are dark. Draw what you see, not what you 'think' you see.

| WolfenMedia | Wolfen's Deviantart Gallery | WIP Site | Wolfen's Sketchbook

Thanks
    This sounds exactly like my old company spec sheet. Even the catch phrase, 'Web Hosting for Artists'. We have since changed to Web Hosting for Creative Professionals. :]

And we have given up on the 'Unlimited' claim also as no one seems to believe it, though it is QUITE doable. We often upgrade people who have brought in a number of referalls to 'Unlimited' status. However we do not allow more than 3 domains for the Unlimited account as to stop abuse.