Design Lab Episode 9 - Sunken Forest [youtube activity] - Page 4

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks

space bubbles and cave

space bubbles ala ''The Fountain''
    Name:  18-11-2012 env sketch marble forest.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  405.9 KB

"Veni, vici, Vetinari"

DA: http://incblob.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Incblob For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sunken forest

As we all know human race is greedy and they have found sunken forests as a great source for gaining electric power, fresh air. So they started abusing it, but they hadnt stopped. With all noize that they had made, they woke up guardian of sunken forest, which wasn realy happy about destroying mother nature.Name:  sunkenforestfrealysmall.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  339.5 KB

Last edited by Drinke94; November 18th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drinke94 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    heres mine! ^ ^

wish i had my tablet with me :/
    oh well thats okay,
    the first one is supposed to be kinda like an underwater cave,
    i imagined the colors vary warm bright greens and towards the light it would get yellow and even some oranges,
    the main idea for the second one was that the forest was half submerged in water and the shorter tree's canopies stick up out of the water and apear to be landforms and islands.
    i imagined the colors for this one a murkier green, with cooler tones, and i was thinking about putting reds in certain places like maybe as flowers or something on the canopies.

keep in mind they are really small thumbs

Name:  IMG_0711.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  250.8 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zeshroom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sunken Forest

Hey Sinix!

Really enjoy your vids, keep them up!

Here are my thumbnails:

Name:  sinis thumbnail 1.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  467.5 KB

S

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sebh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ahh, almost forgot this one aswell

Name:  sinix thumbnail 2.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  189.2 KB

S

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    how long untill the deadline?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -037 View Post
    how long untill the deadline?
    New vid just went up, but If you've already started I'm sure if you finish and post it it'll be good for the practice

Thanks
    Hey guys, i was planning to finish one of my thumbnails but figure it might be of use to someone here if i did it live.
    Ill be on later today from 10pm-2am EST (3am-7am GMT) http://www.justin.tv/bluooze

Thanks
    Oops, guess i cant post links.
    Anyway ill be detailing up one of my thumbnails on stream if anyone wants to check it out.
    link in sig. starting at 10pm est/3am gmt

Thanks
    I watched both of your videos this morning and loved the tips on creating thumbnails, I've been meaning to try out some for a while because my environments from imagination are rubbish and boring... so since I liked the topic, I decided to give it a shot. I realize I'm too late to submit thumbnails, but I'm also well aware that mine wouldn't have been one of the ten anyway, and any advice or criticism on these shaky first tries would really be immensely helpful!

The first is a combination of two photos (trees by a lakeside and aquarium), the second started out in Alchemy, both are scribbeled over in Photoshop.

Name:  thumbnail1_sunkenforest.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  118.7 KB Name:  thumbnail2_sunkenforest.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  117.8 KB

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Olooriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Finally got some free time today to finish this, just for practice.
    Fun topic, looking forward to the next one
    Name:  12_NOV_29_dl9_t2fnl_blooz.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  429.9 KB

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blooz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Like the video and the thread, I'll try to get in on the next one.

Thanks
    I'm uploading the last video, and I forgot to comment as much on all the entries like I said I would! I suppose it's the time of year that flies by a lot faster than you expect it to.

Incinerated - This was a great start to the thread! The colors and environment were solid without being too rendered. Watch for the figures, they're a bit distracting with how stiff they are, and instead of helping with the scale.. they seem to make the whole scene feel smaller than it should be.

Antidot - the first thumbnail felt the strongest.. the clown fish were a great touch of color and liveliness!

churchx - the thumbnails have a nice sense of quickness and ease to them. that bird brush might have been a bit too mentally distracting for the underwater scene.

Lunik - Thanks for taking that shot! The first one is nicely composed and I could picture it working, but lacking a bit in value changes. For example, try looking at in with the saturation at 0 percent and it might not read. The second doesn't as much composition, but I think could benefit more from starting on a mid-tone canvas instead of working on white.

Unseenhand - the detail density of the photos is almost too distracting, but I think a combination of the 1st and 3rd thumb could be quite compelling!

Luckinji - The main suggestion I have would just be to make the image a lot smaller, not for space purposes, but so that you could really form a composition in your head and start mentally visualizing more in the vagueness.

zoraxbrooks - different indeed, and different is good. I would just try to bring in more elements of composition. It feels a bit unaccessably strange at this point, but it makes me curious anyway.

037 - Keeping them too large is probably taking away from things. Although some of the techniques you're using certainly have an interesting graphical appeal.. especially all the stripes and squares.

Darantha - Yay for first times. I prefer the second thumbnail and it's soft palette. The first thumbnail runs into the compositional problem of being a bit boxy. My eyes seem to just be traveling around the edges.

Balthazar Dahl - Cheers for the well wishes. I think you got bogged down a bit by having blocks of hue changes instead of blocks of value changes. The bottom right one has the potential to become something quite lovely though!

KendoGrandon - The third thumb has solid potential, but the scale of the bird seems to take away from the grandness. Be careful of fading out your thumbnail too soon when using the black framing boxes. A main value of the box is that it lets you chop away at the looseness of the edges and give you a solid chunk of area to focus on. Just something to remember in the future. The first one was a smart design in having a sunken forest sunset, but the value changes feel a bit off.

Ahh.. I've barely put a dent in all the submissions and I already have to get off the computer for now. Hopefully I can do more comments later. There were a lot of really great thumbnails on page 2 that didn't make it into that small 10 image selection.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 14